Did Melania plagerize Michelle Obama?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GatorBait View Post
    Sheila Jackson Lee went to a fancy school too.......just saying.
    Muss I die?

Oyster persons.

Came over in shackles, like myself.

"The realities are that, you know, as a black man, you know, Barack can get shot going to the gas station, you know." Michelle Obama

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
      You're bending the rules.
      That's what palgerism is.
      If you're not an academic you wouldn't get it.
      You don't go on the stage in front of MILLIONS of ppl and "borrow" one or two lines from a person in your SHORT fifteen minute speech.

Not just that, you don't try to present it as if you wrote it yourself when your "handlers" wrote 99% of it.
      Maybe Melania only contributed "Hello." and "Thank You."

I mean a few lines were 100% WORD FOR WORD

If you back that, you have no moral compass.
      I was in academia for a while, and if you "borrowed" even ONE LINE from another person's work you need to cite them and give them credit.
      Melania did not do that here.
      Michelle took part of her speech from Alinsky. So where was the outrage there for "borrowing" a couple lines?

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
        Muss I die?

Oyster persons.

Came over in shackles, like myself.

"The realities are that, you know, as a black man, you know, Barack can get shot going to the gas station, you know." Michelle Obama
        While viewing footage from the Mars rover "pan that camra round so we can see the flag left by Neil Armstrong"

Comment

Josh, do you think Cruz will end up endorsing Trump at the convention?

Comment

Comment

Michelle took part of her speech from Alinsky. So where was the outrage there for "borrowing" a couple lines?
              It should be right there next to the outrage for someone quoting Alinsky in the first place... from the left, not so much.

Comment

True lol

Comment

Honestly, when you use lines like "I was taught to work hard as a child" and "always reach for your dreams" etc. they are going to be used again at some point. They were not original when Shelly said them, they are not original now. Every Miss America contestant says they want world peace, let's jump on them too. Literally.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                    Nope, see underlined portion below.

Ready. Set. Go on and defend BHO's campaign, policies and attitude. Go ahead and be on this, like a duck on a june bug. Or is it just too much
                    Why would I defend Obama's plagiarism? Or Michelle's? Or Biden's? It was wrong when they did it too.

Comment

Honestly, when you use lines like "I was taught to work hard as a child" and "always reach for your dreams" etc. they are going to be used again at some point. They were not original when Shelly said them, they are not original now. Every Miss America contestant says they want world peace, let's jump on them too. Literally.
                      Yeah, you could like listen to several thousand high school and college commencement speeches and hear the same things. Or has Michelle Obama somehow managed to copyright common sentiment and well wishing?

One thing you won't hear come from someone like Mrs. Trump,

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7UuHTiyLPE"]Michelle Obama First Time proud of USA - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by DarkHorse View Post
                        Josh, do you think Cruz will end up endorsing Trump at the convention?
                        I sincerely hope not.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Flournoy View Post
                          Bravo, way to change the subject.

By the way, I can't stand Kasich. At all. But I am proud of him for skipping the Convention. Your hero, Trump, as you'll recall, flirted publicly multiple times with the idea of not endorsing the GOP nominee if it wasn't him, and at one point I'm pretty sure he flat out said he wouldn't endorse the GOP nominee if it wasn't him.

That's a pretty high horse you're up there on. Might want to be careful not to fall off.
                          Would not be the first I fell from. But, I am man enough to get back on.
                          But, for now I am on a train. Toot toot....
                          Last edited by Bayouboy; 07-19-2016, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                            Domestic terrorism is already going on, BLM seems to be doing it every other day...

You really seam to hate America and really want our country to fail. If that is so, then leave, our country is in enough turmoil. As for your previous comment about the republicans not spending enough on our education, its wrong. We spend the most of any country and are at the bottom of the list in the world in education. Countries like Japan and South Korea spend less and are consistently at the top in education. Since 1970, our education spending has consistently increased, and our education system has consistently gotten worse. I will agree with you on one thing, our republicans don't know what they are doing when it comes to education (Bush's and standardized testing), but neither does the democrats, or Gary Johnson (New Mexico is still in the bottom half..).

An informative infographic that compares the U.S. education spending and performance versus the rest of the world. See how your country stacks up.

(Archived document, may contain errors, view PDF for charts) Debates about how to improve public Education in America often focus on whether government should spend more on education. Federal and state policymakers proposing new Education programs often base their arguments on the need to provide more resources to schools to improve opportunities for students.

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/project...SCHARTsat.html

Gary Johnson was trying to push a school voucher program. Parents would be able to CHOOSE were to send they're own kids. Once you selected a school you would pay via a voucher.

The devout social justice warriors like xbowhunter hated for parents to be able to choose what is best for they're own children.

Based on xbowhuters own comments on this forum the only thing he has in common with the libertarian candidate is the use of MJ.

Comment

You Trumpies still trying hard to defend this know - you KNOW - that some Trump campaign speechwriter lifted those sections from Michelle's speech and said "we'll just change a couple words here and there and no one will be the wiser". I don't believe for a second you think this was all coincidental, but you just can't bring yourself to utter any criticism of Trump or his campaign.

Comment

That's not plagiarism.......THIS is Plagiarism!!!

Last edited by Tbar; 07-19-2016, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X