Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
    Biden caught plagiarizing -

Senator Joseph R. Biden Jr., a Democratic Presidential candidate, was accused of plagiarism while in his first year at Syracuse University Law School, academic officials familiar with Mr. Biden's record said today. [....]

According to the people familiar with the record of the 44-year-old Senator from Delaware, he was called before the disciplinary body at the law school during his first year because of charges that he had committed plagiarism on a paper. Mr. Biden entered the school in 1965 and graduated in 1968.

CBS News tonight quoted an aide to Mr. Biden as saying he had been exonerated. However, an academic official said Mr. Biden had been found guilty, "threw himself on the mercy of the board" and promised not to repeat the offense. This, according to the official, persuaded the board to drop the matter and allow Mr. Biden to remain in law school. Mr. Biden's office declined to clarify the circumstances surrounding the case, saying the Senator had insisted on handling the matter himself at the news conference. [....]

Unsurprisingly, the New York Times article actually downplays the Kinnock plagiarism. For Mr. Biden didn’t just plagiarize his words, he plagiarized his life.
    You didn't just now find out about Biden's plagiarism....right?

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
      Josh is far from a libtard. He is just still upset that our man, Ted Cruz, didn't get the nod... as am I. I just hope he can join the Trump campaign now and help stop Hillary. I was all Cruz but I've moved on to Trump now to hopefully keep her out of the White House.
      Ted wasn't my guy, and Trump certainly is either, but we'd better all come together and get behind him to have any chance of avoiding likely 8 more years of Husseinian policy, and the end of any hope of salvaging at least some of the sovereignty, moral value, and respect this country once had...because there's not much left of it after Barrack and his cabinet of corruption.
      Last edited by ACCURACYINC; 07-19-2016, 01:22 PM. Reason: xbowhunter is an idiot

Comment

Josh is far from a libtard. He is just still upset that our man, Ted Cruz, didn't get the nod... as am I. I just hope he can join the Trump campaign now and help stop Hillary. I was all Cruz but I've moved on to Trump now to hopefully keep her out of the White House.
        My criticism of Trump wasn't about Cruz, not when he was still in the race, and not now. It was always about Trump. I was criticizing Trump just as much when Cruz was still playing coy about his true feelings about Trump and before Trump started attacking Cruz. Every single one of the other 16 guys running for the nomination would have been vastly preferable to Trump as the nominee. I still haven't seen anyone make an intellectually honest, logical case for why Donald Trump's record - not his campaign rhetoric - proves that he would be preferable as President to Hillary Clinton. I can't in good conscience vote for either of them. They're both Liberal New York Democrats, one of them is just pretending he's a Republican, and hoping we don't remember that he's said Hillary is "Fantastic" and that he loves her and Bill, and thinks she was a great SOS, and gave a ton of money to her, including to her Presidential primary campaign against Obama.
        Last edited by Joshua Flournoy; 07-19-2016, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA
          Yeah Joshua is far from being a libtard!!!
          Sorry I retract that statement. Now days it's easy to assume that if they are not for Trump then they are Hillary supporters.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Flournoy View Post
            No, she didn't "plagerize" Michelle Obama, but she absolutely did plagiarize her. Or at least her speech did. Though I highly doubt she actually wrote her own speech (which she claims). So, there are multiple people either way not being honest. Including her. Is anyone surprised that this would come from the Trump campaign? If they are, they certainly shouldn't be. I haven't read through a single other post in this thread yet, but I'm sure there are multiple Trumpkins in here saying "what's the big deal?" and other exculpatory/excuse-making type comments. Of course, if it was a Democrat who had done this, they would be all over that like white on rice. I wonder how long they will defend Trump's campaign, policies, and attitudes before it gets to be just too much. They're tied to him at the hip, have to defend him and his campaign, even if it means defending things they would be attacking if a Democrat did it or said it.

I found it particularly amusing that part of the plagiarized section was about treating people with respect, which is about the lowest priority thing on Donald's list of important things to do each day.
            Ya you are correct, Democrats don't get away with anything.. Except Hillary

Comment

No, she didn't "plagerize" Michelle Obama, but she absolutely did plagiarize her. Or at least her speech did. Though I highly doubt she actually wrote her own speech (which she claims). So, there are multiple people either way not being honest. Including her. Is anyone surprised that this would come from the Trump campaign? If they are, they certainly shouldn't be. I haven't read through a single other post in this thread yet, but I'm sure there are multiple Trumpkins in here saying "what's the big deal?" and other exculpatory/excuse-making type comments. Of course, if it was a Democrat who had done this, they would be all over that like white on rice. I wonder how long they will defend Trump's campaign, policies, and attitudes before it gets to be just too much. They're tied to him at the hip, have to defend him and his campaign, even if it means defending things they would be attacking if a Democrat did it or said it.

I found it particularly amusing that part of the plagiarized section was about treating people with respect, which is about the lowest priority thing on Donald's list of important things to do each day.
              There were also a couple of my little pony quotes in there. Did you catch them also?

Comment

So, just out of curiosity, what does everyone think about the fact that a Muslim - Sajid Tarar, founder of "American Muslims for Trump" - is giving the closing benediction tonight at the GOP Trump Convention? I wonder who he will be praying TO?

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                  There were also a couple of my little pony quotes in there. Did you catch them also?
                  Nope, haven't read it. You?

I didn't catch the lines swiped from Michelle O's speech, either, I have better things to do with my time than watch a dumpster fire masquerading as a Republican National Convention.

Comment

Unless it is a smoke screen just to get elected (quite possible) I do like a lot of the people he is surrounding himself with. His potential cabinet appointees but most importantly his possible SCOTUS appointees. I shudder to think what Hillary would put in there and stay there for the next 20 to 40 years. Reagan was a registered democrat and a supporter of The New Deal. He didn't turn out too bad. Hoping, no, praying Trump has had the same metamorphosis.

Comment

Nope, haven't read it. You?

I didn't catch the lines swiped from Michelle O's speech, either, I have better things to do with my time than watch a dumpster fire masquerading as a Republican National Convention.
                      Watched and read every bit of it. Much to do about nothing. You could pull comparison excerpts from every speech given. Knowing millions would be watching I highly doubt Melania is going to plagiarize a speech. But, I would not doubt a writer or writers were lazy and dropped the ball. It was basically a small portion of a large speech someone still should have caught. It possibly may have been overlooked purposely. Who knows. I have been seeing a lot of speeches thrown on the screen today that similar things were done to over the years. I guess this is the latest version of how to discredit someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy
                        At least he showed and your crybaby governor that broke his pledge to back the republican nominee didn't.
                        Bravo, way to change the subject.

By the way, I can't stand Kasich. At all. But I am proud of him for skipping the Convention. Your hero, Trump, as you'll recall, flirted publicly multiple times with the idea of not endorsing the GOP nominee if it wasn't him, and at one point I'm pretty sure he flat out said he wouldn't endorse the GOP nominee if it wasn't him.

That's a pretty high horse you're up there on. Might want to be careful not to fall off.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                          Watched and read every bit of it. Much to do about nothing. You could pull comparison excerpts from every speech given. Knowing millions would be watching I highly doubt Melania is going to plagiarize a speech. But, I would not doubt a writer or writers were lazy and dropped the ball. It was basically a small portion of a large speech someone still should have caught. It possibly may have been overlooked purposely. Who knows. I have been seeing a lot of speeches thrown on the screen today that similar things were done to over the years. I guess this is the latest version of how to discredit someone.
                          I was referring to "My Little Pony". Glad to know you've got it down cold.

Comment

Unless it is a smoke screen just to get elected (quite possible) I do like a lot of the people he is surrounding himself with. His potential cabinet appointees but most importantly his possible SCOTUS appointees. I shudder to think what Hillary would put in there and stay there for the next 20 to 40 years. Reagan was a registered democrat and a supporter of The New Deal. He didn't turn out too bad. Hoping, no, praying Trump has had the same metamorphosis.

Like him or not Trump isn't stupid. If he makes the right cabinet choices it actually could turn out ok. At least a hell of a lot better than Clinton.

"An honest government has no fear of an armed population".

Comment

You didn't just now find out about Biden's plagiarism....right?
                              Nope, see underlined portion below.

Of course, if it was a Democrat who had done this, they would be all over that like white on rice. I wonder how long they will defend Trump's campaign, policies, and attitudes before it gets to be just too much.
                              Ready. Set. Go on and defend BHO's campaign, policies and attitude. Go ahead and be on this, like a duck on a june bug. Or is it just too much

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                                http://www.marketwatch.com/story/mel...ech-2016-07-19

Is Melania's English good enough to write a speech on her own?
                                I know Michelle Obama went to Harvard Law and worked as a Top Flight lawyer for some years so I surmise she can string a few coherent sentences together without help from a team of speech writers.

This is getting interesting...
                                Sheila Jackson Lee went to a fancy school too.......just saying.

Comment

Working...
                                X