The GOP scorched earth plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ham Slammer View Post
    Without taking time to look at the states, I'd imagine he's implying that the blue states support Bernie more than Hillary.
    I don't think that will matter at all once the primaries are over. Polls show that dems are going to support the eventual candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by Be10dwn View Post
      I don't think that will matter at all once the primaries are over. Polls show that dems are going to support the eventual candidate.
      The interesting thing to me is the lack of Democratic turnout this year... I don't believe the whole "Dem's voting for Trump in open primaries" thing either. There's no way they would coordinate that without someone catching wind of it. I think even the lib's are tired of this current administration and, while not angry enough to switch parties, are staying home due to it or simply due to the 2 choices they're faced with...

Comment

Originally posted by Ham Slammer View Post
        The interesting thing to me is the lack of Democratic turnout this year... I don't believe the whole "Dem's voting for Trump in open primaries" thing either. There's no way they would coordinate that without someone catching wind of it. I think even the lib's are tired of this current administration and, while not angry enough to switch parties, are staying home due to it or simply due to the 2 choices they're faced with...
        I don't think that's it. I think it's because a lot of dems view hillary as the presumptive, nominee, which she really is. Maybe they won't turn out in November, but I don't think you can read too much into turnout for dems in the primaries.

Comment

Democrats have been worried about the lack of enthusiasm of HRC supporters since pre-Bernie. They attributed it to her very low trustworthy ratings. I thought I had read some polls that suggested a lot of the Bernie excitement didn't carryover to Hillary and that if he lost the nomination, they more likely not to vote than vote for HRC. Young liberals, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
            Democrats have been worried about the lack of enthusiasm of HRC supporters since pre-Bernie. They attributed it to her very low trustworthy ratings. I thought I had read some polls that suggested a lot of the Bernie excitement didn't carryover to Hillary and that if he lost the nomination, they more likely not to vote than vote for HRC. Young liberals, I guess.
            There's even stories that some Bernie people will bolt to Trump if daBern doesn't make the ticket...HRC definitely has no trust from the people. She has two things, she's a woman (which Trump has crushed that slogan) and she has experience, but her experience is also her downfall. She's had decades of being in the political arena and who is better for it besides her?

Comment

yep, there is a lot of Bernie supporters that wouldn't vote for hrc.
              whether or not it turns into votes for the rep. candidate is anyones guess.

Comment

Truth Bomb.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                  Truth Bomb.
                  words to live by.

Comment

I mean I know both Trump and sanders have the fake fact about being outsiders in common, even though neither of them are outsiders, but I can't see those that would vote for sanders jumping to Trump ideologically. They may not vote, but they aren't voting for Trump. I've got to think trump would energize the dem turnout, but I've been wrong about Trump so far.

Comment

I mean I know both Trump and sanders have the fake fact about being outsiders in common, even though neither of them are outsiders, but I can't see those that would vote for sanders jumping to Trump ideologically. They may not vote, but they aren't voting for Trump. I've got to think trump would energize the dem turnout, but I've been wrong about Trump so far.
                      two words... anti establishment. people are tired of being lied to, no matter who is doing the lying on either side.

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
                        two words... anti establishment. people are tired of being lied to, no matter who is doing the lying on either side.
                        Lol bernie has been in the Congress for 40 years. This election is beyond anything I can understand lol.

Comment

Lol bernie has been in the Congress for 40 years. This election is beyond anything I can understand lol.
                          right, I hear 'ya but Bernie has never been on the front pages that I know of.

I guess that they're just picking the lesser of two evils.

you also have to remember that most of the votes for Bernie are people who think that everyone else owes them something.

Comment

I think people underestimate Bernie and what his message is and how it is resonating. I have posted this opinion elsewhere in these threads but while a lot of folks are hung up on conservative this and constitution that, we are losing power and freedoms daily to government increasingly under the influence of the wealthy elite. That is the same thing driving a lot of Trump's support - people losing faith and trust in government.

And what the GOP looks like it is trying to do here is just going to mushroom into even more support for Trump.

Comment

I think people underestimate Bernie and what his message is and how it is resonating. I have posted this opinion elsewhere in these threads but while a lot of folks are hung up on conservative this and constitution that, we are losing power and freedoms daily to government increasingly under the influence of the wealthy elite. That is the same thing driving a lot of Trump's support - people losing faith and trust in government.

And what the GOP looks like it is trying to do here is just going to mushroom into even more support for Trump.
                              I think that you are right, I have no faith or trust in the Fed Gov.

Comment

So the establishment has pushed Lil Rubio to lead their effort in bringing down Trump, but that's only going to catapult Cruz. What the hell are they thinking? The establishment doesn't like either one of those guys, they looking really dumb right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X