No announcement yet.

Just found a DEAD 22yo Honduran Immigrant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad episodes like yours put a face on illegal immigration. It's a complex issue, with lots of moving parts.

Comment

Man...that's crazy!!! I bet that was the last thing Pancho thought he would find this morning.

Comment

I've been to Honduras and would want to leave too. We do mission work down there and part of the mission is to provide a society and structure where Hondurans can work and take care of Hondurans in HONDURAS! Very sad indeed, but it does make you wonder how many more die that we never hear of.

Comment

Nothing safe about the trip here

Comment

That's too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
              Unless you're kidding, you've taken Patrick Henry's famous quote completely out of context. Had Pedro stayed in Honduras and died fighting for democracy against the repressive government, and his fellow countryman's freedom, maybe. But he would not have wound up dead on the side of a road in Texas illegally coming here to do manual labor, using America's generous social programs and sending the money back home. BTW, my 3 Grandparents came to the US as the land of opportunity. Legally and paid taxes, and learned to speak the language.

Just a little American history.
              Amen and a dose of intelligence!!!! Could not have said it better. I am the grandson of Irish immigrants who fled from oppression (through Ellis Island) and Prussian Grandparents (country no longer exists) also fleeing from overwhelming oppression, they also came through Ellis legally. I have also spent time in Honduras, not in a mission but as a soldier. That country is pitifull. Don't mean to sound bad, but it sounds like one less that I am gonna have to pay for!!!

Comment

My father inlaw will find 1 or 2 a year. My brother who is a BP agent in Arizona says that during the summer months they will find 1-2 a week.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                  My father inlaw will find 1 or 2 a year. My brother who is a BP agent in Arizona says that during the summer months they will find 1-2 a week.
                  Seems to me like there are that many 22 yr old men and women getting killed a week from IEDs while wearing our uniform. Why the worry about the illegal?

Comment

Originally posted by Boarwhisperer View Post
                    Seems to me like there are that many 22 yr old men and women getting killed a week from IEDs while wearing our uniform. Why the worry about the illegal?
                    UHH... maybe compassion for another human being?

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                      UHH... maybe compassion for another human being?
                      That is the very reason I have put my life on the line for OUR country. Not compassion but Love.
                      I said it would sound bad, but we really need to take care of our own first. Wish you knew me personally, you would understand. Thanks for your response, it was very real.

Comment

Originally posted by Boarwhisperer View Post
                        Not real sure how to take that. If you are implying that I care more about illegals than our soldiers you are wrong. My brother served 18 months in Iraq in the special forces, completed over 800 combat missions and put his *** on the line everyday for me. You won't find many who respect and admire our vets like I do. Was Just making a statement.

Comment

Glad you did. And please thank him.
                          Had absolutely nothing to do with you at all. Your comment was just a good example of my point. Sorry if it came accross wrong

Comment

thats scary...

Comment

He made a choice.
                              He chose to come into the US illegally, knowing the risks.
                              He made a bad choice to travel in the TX heat w/o water.
                              His choice had a negative consequences.
                              I respect all human life.
                              I feel sorry when little kids get cancer, soldiers who die, people how get hit by drunk drivers, but for him, to quote the song,

"My givea****'s busted"

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                                He made a choice.
                                He chose to come into the US illegally, knowing the risks.
                                He made a bad choice to travel in the TX heat w/o water.
                                His choice had a negative consequences.
                                I respect all human life.
                                I feel sorry when little kids get cancer, soldiers who die, people how get hit by drunk drivers, but for him, to quote the song,

"My givea****'s busted"
                                Well said Bill!!..next time I head back home to the bay area to see the folks I need to look you up and buy you a beer...

Comment

Working...
                                X