No announcement yet.

Just found a DEAD 22yo Honduran Immigrant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I presented a theory to the guy that works for us who is legal now but walked across for years before he found a stable job...

He never got deported on the walk over... only when people around him did stupid stuff... got detained in Hondo and shipped out dropped on the Nuevo side... got a couple of cans of food and some water jugs and was back across that night... and back in hondo in 4 days.

I asked him if he thought that the reason so many people die and have problems now is because most of them are coming out of the cities. Back in the old days it was rural people that were walking across to find rural jobs.

Nowadays 18 year old kids that have been playing nintendo their whole life are walking across looking for jobs and have no idea how to find water, food or any sense of direction... If they lose the group... they are as good as dead....

He told me that that was probably the cause... he says a lot more people die now walking across than used to...

Comment

That sure makes sense Marko

Comment

The key word left out of the title was ILLEGAL

Comment

We had one die four days ago on our lease. The two traveling with him were barely alive and wanted the boarder patrol to send them home.

Comment

sad indeed.....reminds me of a time fishing off the south jetties in galveston. we were all having a good time until the anchor rope snagged something..we all looked up at the front of the boat and were shocked to see an illegal ship stowaway had jumped ship and was proceeding (attempting) to climb into our boat. we changed his mind real quick and off he swam to the jetties.....just like was mentioned earlier desperate times call for desperate measures!!!!

Comment

A lot of time they run out of water and start drinking from man made tanks. At that point they get a bacteria that causes diarrhea and vomiting, hence dehydration at a faster pace. Very sad way to go...

Comment

Originally posted by rem788 View Post
                The key word left out of the title was ILLEGAL
                I know that is true, but I feel like the conservative movement has placed the blame on the wrong people.

ILLEGALS that walk across are looking for work. They have initiative. They have true American spirit of the OLD SCHOOL kind. They are willing to risk it all and pay the ultimate price to find and work for a better life for their family. (as this young Honduran man proved)

Now their CHILDREN are another matter... they get all the benefits of welfare, food stamps, unemployment etc... They have no reason or desire to work, and that is their and the GOVERNMENT'S FAULT. Encinal has a population of 700+ people. There aren't more than 30 people that work in the whole town. Shelly's restaurant on 44 has been looking for people to work... and with almost 95% unemployment... no one will come work for them. Why would they? The are living fine for free.

Take away the ability for the kids of illegal immigrants born here to be citizens and you solve the problem. Make the citizenship of at least one parent be a prerequisite for citizenship... not location of birth. Those parents that work to become naturalized will be more likely to instill the values that built this country in their kids.

Comment

Great idea...but who is gonna risk pizz'n off the hispanic voters....no one, not if they plan on a career in politics...no one will ever do anything about it

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                  I know that is true, but I feel like the conservative movement has placed the blame on the wrong people.

ILLEGALS that walk across are looking for work. They have initiative. They have true American spirit of the OLD SCHOOL kind. They are willing to risk it all and pay the ultimate price to find and work for a better life for their family. (as this young Honduran man proved)

Now their CHILDREN are another matter... they get all the benefits of welfare, food stamps, unemployment etc... They have no reason or desire to work, and that is their and the GOVERNMENT'S FAULT. Encinal has a population of 700+ people. There aren't more than 30 people that work in the whole town. Shelly's restaurant on 44 has been looking for people to work... and with almost 95% unemployment... no one will come work for them. Why would they? The are living fine for free.

Take away the ability for the kids of illegal immigrants born here to be citizens and you solve the problem. Make the citizenship of at least one parent be a prerequisite for citizenship... not location of birth. Those parents that work to become naturalized will be more likely to instill the values that built this country in their kids.

Comment

this thread is worthless without pics!!! jk so sad for anyone to die in this heat

Comment

Originally posted by Stupid View Post
                      this thread is worthless without pics!!! jk

The BP and Sheriff took plenty......

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                        Great idea...but who is gonna risk pizz'n off the hispanic voters....no one, not if they plan on a career in politics...no one will ever do anything about it
                        I think when they get control of the country in 40 or 50 years they will do it themselves.

Comment

Its a sad thing. Another reason we should seal the borders to cut down on this type of thing. Desperate people do desporate things...

Comment

Originally posted by reconman View Post
                            Let's you know we aren't the only ones that say, "give me liberty, or give me death!"
                            Unless you're kidding, you've taken Patrick Henry's famous quote completely out of context. Had Pedro stayed in Honduras and died fighting for democracy against the repressive government, and his fellow countryman's freedom, maybe. But he would not have wound up dead on the side of a road in Texas illegally coming here to do manual labor, using America's generous social programs and sending the money back home. BTW, my 3 Grandparents came to the US as the land of opportunity. Legally and paid taxes, and learned to speak the language.

Just a little American history.

"Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death!" concluded Patrick Henry's rousing speech delivered to the Virginia Convention on 23 May 1775. In the days leading up to Henry's speech, the colonies' breach with Britain had become critical. To many Virginians, war seemed imminent. However, false rumors of the British ministry's willingness to back away from unpopular policies such as the Coercive Acts had spread, causing some to consider reconciliation again. The immediate occasion of the speech was the convention's proposed positive response to the Jamaica assembly's 1774 petition to the king, which asserted colonial rights but also emphasized the colony's loyalty and its desire for harmonious relations with Britain. Henry retorted that Britain would never reconcile with the colonies on terms that would ensure colonial rights and insisted war was the only realistic option. Rather than have the convention place false hope in compromise, Henry offered a resolution to prepare the colony's defenses for the inevitable clash with Britain. He rose to defend his motion and enjoyed one of his finest moments as an orator, giving a speech that was long and clearly remembered by those in attendance. In concluding, Henry asked, "Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?" His answer: "Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" The speech rallied the convention's spirit of resistance, the resolution passed, and Virginia took a major step toward independence.
                            Last edited by Bill; 07-23-2009, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LostHawg View Post
                              ...and its so easy to get in legally.

So sorry for him and his family.
                              Is it? I've known people it was an absolute nightmare for. I'm not condoning illegal immigration, but I still have some form of respect for someone who tries to escape a bad situation. I lived in that country for five years, and I fully understand why people risk their lives to leave it.

Its a sad story for sure

Comment

ouch

Comment

Working...
                                X