Just found a DEAD 22yo Honduran Immigrant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
    I know I paint a little outside the lines. I know I have not led a perfect life and I can chunk rocks with the best of them when its the wrong time. BUT.... if I had been there I would have helped him..no matter what anyone else had to say
    Absolutely! No question about it. I probably wouldn't have hid him from the Border Patrol or anything, but I dang sure would have helped him with water, food, and/or medical care - including driving him to the ER for some free healthcare, if needed.

Comment

Kind of "brings it all home" doesn't it folks?
      How many unfortunate Americans are found trying to get out of our country?

"....when 'yer runnin' down our country hoss...'yer walkin' on the fightin' side of me!"
      - Merle Haggard

Comment

Originally posted by Loneaggie View Post
        II'm not condoning illegal immigration, but I still have some form of respect for someone who tries to escape a bad situation. I lived in that country for five years, and I fully understand why people risk their lives to leave it. Its a sad story for sure
        Yep!!! very sad as I have been many places in the world that LIFE is literally spent trying to find food! Prayers for all involved in this disaster.
        Originally posted by Legdog View Post
        Its sad there are people here with no compassion. In my opinion thats a black mark on the idviduals heart.
        Absoulutely correct! I hear military men from my dads era (Korea and Nam) say "killing dont make you a man", but surviving your conscious & deeds do! Bravado is one wonderful attribute but sometimes it should be tempered!
        Originally posted by Kingfisher View Post
        Very easy to tell who has never been down this way even for a visit. Much less lived here and dealt with it on a regular basis. A human is a human even if they don't look like you, talk like you, or think like you.
        Whew! Glad someone noted that fact! Human life is precious no matter what country they hail from.
        Originally posted by Mailman View Post
        I don't know what is worse, this 22 year old fella dying a death I don't even want to imagine, or all you guys piling on with no compassion. Someone died, no matter your thoughts on illegal vs. legal, someone lost their life and they were only 22 years old. He was someone's son, and for all they know he is in America living his dream, instead he died a horrible death, alone, and they may never know his fate, and that is terrible.
        Peyton I am sorry that your Dad and Pancho had such a horrible start to yesterday. I don't think anyone would want to have wake up and go deal with something like this.
        Ditto all around sir!
        Originally posted by Devin View Post
        I used to be a lot less compassionate than I am now after a few encounters over the last few years down south. No matter the situation, he was a human loved by others and by God just as much as you and I. Very sad situation and rough way to go.
        Hate to see this for Pancho and your dad after his recent loss, Peyton.
        Ditto squared!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          15 yard penalty for the misuse and abuse of the pronoun "We".....
          Hahahaha.....sure ...but technically they both should hold some responsibility.................but **** the bank for storing large sums of money in one spot so a person can rob them.
          I wonder what the general thought of the above posters would be if this guy was an American citizen robbing a bank to get money to live on.....more money than he could possibly earn given his skills and education ....all in the name of looking for a better life for himself and his family...........if he got killed doing so.....
          Not the same at all, a thief takes and gives Nothing back, but I'm sure you don't eat breakfast tacos and live in a house framed by legal americans and drive on roads built by legal americans. just sayin

There is a problem that needs to get fixed the government will keep pointing fingers at each other and blaming the other Party until its to late, AGAIN.

Comment

Originally posted by Matador View Post
            There is a problem that needs to get fixed the government will keep pointing fingers at each other and blaming the other Party until its to late, AGAIN.
            That's pretty much the only thing government is good at, unfortunately.

Comment

On the news NOW! The deposed President Llega of Honduras is headed back to the country. Hope he does not get shot in his attempt though.

Comment

As far as I can remember I have wanted nothing more than to own a ranch. Unfortunately I was not born into a family with a ranch or the financial resources to buy one. Therefore I have been and will continue to work my tail off, make numerous sacrifices and eventually spend what seems like an unattainable amount of money to buy a ranch someday in the future so that my family may get out of this polluted concrete prison.

I wonder how much compassion yall would be showing for me if I decided to take the “shortcut” and died while I was attempting to poach a trophy buck off of one of your ranches? After all you did nothing to deserve your ranch, you were simply born into it and it would take me a lot of time and money to get one of my own.

I am not directing this at anyone, just making a point.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                  On the news NOW! The deposed President Llega of Honduras is headed back to the country. Hope he does not get shot in his attempt though.
                  Is he the same guy (a friend of Hugo Chavez's) who decided he'd not have to obey the law on term limits, declared he'd be President as long as he wanted, their Supreme Court ruled it was against their constitution, and their Army booted him out?

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post

Hollywood is all over it.

Immigration law alone is extremely complex.

Just watch our government battle this one out in the year's to come and you will understand.
                    Amnesty for lawbreakers is not battling anything out.

We did build houses and highways in the USA 20+ years ago with American workers. What's changed that we need to import an 'underclass' to do it today?

I know there have been multiple books written on the topic. Here are couple of other good ones. Lots of facts and data in them, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                      Amnesty for lawbreakers is not battling anything out.

We did build houses and highways in the USA 20+ years ago with American workers. What's changed that we need to import an 'underclass' to do it today?

I know there have been multiple books written on the topic. Here are couple of other good ones. Lots of facts and data in them, too.

who said anything about amnesty? I don't think amnesty is the answer. I don't HAVE the answers.

again, we are talking about compassion

the complexity issues can be easily observed. Try deporting the millions of illegal aliens in this country and watch. If you think the result would be easy and "just like 20+ years ago" I'm afraid you are in for a surprise.

Thanks for helping illustrate the complexity example with more books. Hopefully that issue is settled.
                      Last edited by Legdog; 07-24-2009, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Matador View Post
                        Not the same at all, a thief takes and gives Nothing back, but I'm sure you don't eat breakfast tacos and live in a house framed by legal americans and drive on roads built by legal americans. just sayin

Oh contraire....a thief takes and he spends the money stimulating the economy...unless he is a David Ramsey disciple....

And unfortunately I didn't check every green card of the contractors' employees or the people in every restaurant I have eaten at and I am sure I have saved some money because of it....but that doesn't make it right. It's not like I can flip a label on their body and look for "Made in The USA"....

Again...like I said, I have compassion that a human lost his life and I would have helped him had I found him. I also have worked with boo-coos of them in the grain elevators and cotton gins of my hometown area. I don't however, have the compassion for the system, the "freebies" they are given and the fact that they come over here to work that system.

Comment

Compassion is the key, Like Legdog said.

It was a life that was lost, a young life at that. Regardless of motives and political agenda the fact that he risked his life to better himself says a lot about the character of that man.

He is not any lesser of a person because he died doing something illegal in the eyes Americans; when in the eyes of his family he was being courageous and brave to explore a better life.

If I was in his shoes, I would have undoubtably done the same.

Comment

Originally posted by TradAg02 View Post
                            I wonder how much compassion yall would be showing for me if I decided to take the “shortcut” and died while I was attempting to poach a trophy buck off of one of your ranches? After all you did nothing to deserve your ranch, you were simply born into it and it would take me a lot of time and money to get one of my own. .[/I]
                            I may be confused but what is your point here? Attempting to poach is "attempting" to be a thief!
                            Oh, Rosenburg is far from a concrete jungle!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                              Is he the same guy (a friend of Hugo Chavez's) who decided he'd not have to obey the law on term limits, declared he'd be President as long as he wanted, their Supreme Court ruled it was against their constitution, and their Army booted him out?
                              Got no idea Bill!
                              The reporters are saying he was removed from office in a "illegal military cou"!!! LOL!!!
                              They are also saying he nor the new guy seem to be very good individuals. Bottom line, folks will continue to flee for a better life no matter where it is........i know i would!

Comment

so many shades of grey....
                                i guess when you grow up in south Texas and work with these people you have a different opinion about them. yeah, i'm all for kicking out the lazy lawbreakers.
                                but not all wets are bad. i'm no judge or jurry, and won't wish a death sentence on any person that i know nothing about.

Comment

Working...
                                X