Just found a DEAD 22yo Honduran Immigrant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eliminator View Post
    Yep we have them too. There is also TONS of illegals that play the system too and are just as LAZY !
    YOu show me one lazy Illegal Alien and Ill show you a 1000 lazy American Citizens!

Comment

wow thats sad one less to build houses and fix are highways

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
        If any finger pointing is to be expressed here, it's not at the dead Honduran, but the Americans who employ them.
        Hahahaha.....sure ...but technically they both should hold some responsibility.................but **** the bank for storing large sums of money in one spot so a person can rob them.

Comment

Nice looking family. Your Brother did good.

I work with a few guys that married temps at work. Most of them came here legally from Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala. Some have overstayed their visas. Things are different since 9/11. It's very hard now to get the paperwork (Money) in place. Even with being married.

New found affection or compassion?

My experience with illegal aliens traces to my sister in law who lived illegally in this country for many years till my brother married her.

Her kids were born here and they are very much family.

[ATTACH]109404[/ATTACH]

This issue is not "new" to me.

I recognize the problem but it is far more complex than any of us posting here understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Hahahaha.....sure ...but technically they both should hold some responsibility.................but **** the bank for storing large sums of money in one spot so a person can rob them.
            we already dismissed the bank analogy

honestly, the key is walking in their shoes

Comment

we already dismissed the bank analogy

15 yard penalty for the misuse and abuse of the pronoun "We".....

Comment

Leggy, I completely understand your compassion. Some of the best and hardest-working people in the world are citizens of other countries. I grew up on the farm. We had "migrant workers" and full-time hands my entire life, and most of them were very hard-working and VERY decent people. The kids that I grew up with were pretty much like more cousins. We played and worked together all the time. As with any population, there were always a few exceptions, but I'd much rather have those folks as my neighbors here in Abilene than some of the lazy leeches that are already living here (of all races and birthplaces). I really don't think that anybody here would feel otherwise.

We'd notice their absence, if they all left, to be sure, and there would be a MAJOR adjustment in our system as a result. No question. But the question is do we have open borders and take all comers, or do we regulate, monitor and limit legal entry? I think in today's world, we MUST do the latter. Does that limit opportunity for good folks that live elsewhere that would love to come here? Unfortunately, yes. Does it help us get a handle on the economic and national security problems that we have these days? Yes. Does it guarantee those problems will cease to exist? Nope. Do we need to do it anyway? I think so.

I think we need to work harder on the national political level to help those nations grow their own economies so that those good folks will have opportunity at home as well. That might mean more US taxpayer $ going to those companies. If it's spent on real economic development and not just padding the pockets of the local politicians, then I'd be for it. Obviously, that is where the wheels usually fall off though.

There's no easy answer. I just know that there are plenty of good and decent people that are US citizens that need to be taken care of too, and if open borders hinder that (I think it does overall), then we need to enforce the immigration laws.

Comment

rational people have already dismissed the bank analogy

FIFM

(fixed it for myself)

Comment

I recognize the problem but it is far more complex than any of us posting here understand.
                    What part of it is more complex than the discussion we've had so far?

People live in other countries with corrupt government?
                    People's agricultural livelihoods have been eliminated?
                    People want a better life?
                    That life is inherently not fair?
                    People know where they can get 'free-free-free' paid for by somebody else, and the penalty for getting caught to to go home and not collect $200 and be able to try it again?
                    Illegals are filling our prisons?
                    We are a nation based upon the law?

If we open the doors to illegal immigration, how about bringing a couple hundred thousand eastern european immigrants to Texas or Cali? They're hurtin' really bad over there, too you know.

What's the complexity you refer to? People have feelings, fall in love, and fall in love with somebody who's broken the law- and that makes breaking the law situationally-OK?

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                      Leggy, I completely understand your compassion. Some of the best and hardest-working people in the world are citizens of other countries. I grew up on the farm. We had "migrant workers" and full-time hands my entire life, and most of them were very hard-working and VERY decent people. The kids that I grew up with were pretty much like more cousins. We played and worked together all the time. As with any population, there were always a few exceptions, but I'd much rather have those folks as my neighbors here in Abilene than some of the lazy leeches that are already living here (of all races and birthplaces). I really don't think that anybody here would feel otherwise.

We'd notice their absence, if they all left, to be sure, and there would be a MAJOR adjustment in our system as a result. No question. But the question is do we have open borders and take all comers, or do we regulate, monitor and limit legal entry? I think in today's world, we MUST do the latter. Does that limit opportunity for good folks that live elsewhere that would love to come here? Unfortunately, yes. Does it help us get a handle on the economic and national security problems that we have these days? Yes. Does it guarantee those problems will cease to exist? Nope. Do we need to do it anyway? I think so.

I think we need to work harder on the national political level to help those nations grow their own economies so that those good folks will have opportunity at home as well. That might mean more US taxpayer $ going to those companies. If it's spent on real economic development and not just padding the pockets of the local politicians, then I'd be for it. Obviously, that is where the wheels usually fall off though.

There's no easy answer. I just know that there are plenty of good and decent people that are US citizens that need to be taken care of too, and if open borders hinder that (I think it does overall), then we need to enforce the immigration laws.
                      completey agree

(feels good to type that!)

I am not in any way in favor of an open border.

Comment

If we don't have an open border, then we have to somehow have a process and decide who gets to come in and who doesn't. That also creates the desire for folks on the other side to try to sneak in to get around the system. Whatever "the system" is, it's going to create sad stories and unfairness sometimes. There's just no way around it, I don't think.

Still necessary though. Life is hard and unfair sometimes, and THANK GOD I was born on THIS side of the border. May He bless and protect those on the other side, whether they make it over here or not.

Comment

I know I paint a little outside the lines. I know I have not led a perfect life and I can chunk rocks with the best of them when its the wrong time. BUT.... if I had been there I would have helped him..no matter what anyone else had to say

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                            BUT.... if I had been there I would have helped him..no matter what anyone else had to say

As would I......

Comment

I read about 7 posts on this thread before I got tired head........hope he was right with his god.

Hi Mark!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                                What part of it is more complex than the discussion we've had so far?

People live in other countries with corrupt government?
                                People's agricultural livelihoods have been eliminated?
                                People want a better life?
                                That life is inherently not fair?
                                People know where they can get 'free-free-free' paid for by somebody else, and the penalty for getting caught to to go home and not collect $200 and be able to try it again?
                                Illegals are filling our prisons?
                                We are a nation based upon the law?

If we open the doors to illegal immigration, how about bringing a couple hundred thousand eastern european immigrants to Texas or Cali? They're hurtin' really bad over there, too you know.

What's the complexity you refer to? People have feelings, fall in love, and fall in love with somebody who's broken the law- and that makes breaking the law situationally-OK?

the economic complexity is staggering

issues like Social Security, building cities and roads, healthcare and education are extremely complex

there is no simple resolution to this problem... heck people write books on the topic all the time

Hollywood is all over it.

Immigration law alone is extremely complex.

Just watch our government battle this one out in the year's to come and you will understand.

Comment

Working...
                                X