• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
    Was this in Centerville?
    Yessir
    Originally posted by myway View Post
    Ha! Ask the gentlemen two post above you. Do a quick search as well.
    Talk about a good time

Originally posted by Keg View Post
    Me and another fella saw one in 78' here in Freestone county...about 20 yards in front of the truck...He was crossing the road....One was trapped in Cayuga last year....I see no reason there can't be one/some in Leon county.....
    I have no doubt mountain lions are here. I the time since this post started my wife says she has seen one. All of my neighbors say they have seen them. I still have not seen one.

My doubts lie in folks around me seeing large black cats.

Comment

Owned and hunted my property in keechi creek bottom for thirty years.
      We see lots of coyotes and Bobcats, but no ML yet. I am surprised because there is ample food supply with all the deer and pigs, but not even a track.
      I keep cameras out on and away from feeders so maybe someday.
      I have only seen a mom with two cubs in a lifetime in the woods.

Definitely don't scare me. I am much more afraid of my Walmart parking lot than I am being unarmed in my hunting grounds.

BP

Comment

Originally posted by CornForHorns View Post
        I know this is an old post but I'm new here. We've had a tough year. The deer seem spooked. Not much on the cams and I've seen lots of tracks that resemble tracks that I've researched online. Heard some noises I've never heard. Sound like house cats on steroids getting it on. The tracks were almost the size of my hand accompanied by smaller ones about two inches in diameter. I don't want to jump to conclusions but just want to figure out why deer herds are down and I'm not putting meat in the freezer. ???
        Wow, this one got resurrected. Since the original post, I've walked up on one near a feeder about 20 ft away and yes. It was a little scary!! Didn't figure it was worth posting though. And, I'm not sure what causes those sounds along the Boggy and Keechi creeks but it's a horror film sound!

On a different note, we've actually seen more bucks this year on our olace in Leon Cty so it may just be a concentrated scare...maybe coyotes running your deer off. The nice thing is we've seen a good balanced this year compared to most.
        Last edited by Leon County Slayer; 12-31-2014, 09:52 AM.

Comment

I hunt the West side of the county below Lake Limestone and we have had our normal deer activity this year. It was a little slow early November due to acorns but still lots of deer. We have not seen or heard of any lion activity so I will continue to walk to my stand in peace.

Comment

if yall have had as big of an acorn drop as Brazos has, i can see how yall havent seen any deer at feeders. we just started getting deer on camera last week.

Comment

Old post but yes, got two on video in Jewitt about ten years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Cbb1722 View Post
                if yall have had as big of an acorn drop as Brazos has, i can see how yall havent seen any deer at feeders. we just started getting deer on camera last week.
                Our deer are hammering the green stuff right now.

Comment

Originally posted by npe001 View Post
                  Why is everyone scared of hogs? I don't get it. I guess everyone watches too much American Hogger?
                  Ha
                  I always carry a loaded gun on my place.
                  I am scared of missing a backstrap opportunity!

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                    Ha! Ask the gentlemen two post above you. Do a quick search as well.
                    I guided hog hunts for 8 years and never had a problem with one.

Comment

I guided hog hunts for 8 years and never had a problem with one.
                      Me neither.

Until my 12th year.

Comment

Yeah, first year I've heard coyotes in large numbers and the acorns are killing us too

Comment

Originally posted by CornForHorns View Post
                          Yeah, first year I've heard coyotes in large numbers and the acorns are killing us too
                          x2, We've been overwhelmed with coyotes this year for some reason. Saw a pack of 6 last weekend with a white one in the bunch. A pack of 5 the weekend before with a red one.

Comment

I don't ever believe a story unless I know its a credible buddy, got on video, or it dead!

Call me crazy but I don't believe 75% of the stories anymore after stupid people claim a TC pic was from 25 different counties.

For all the game cameras nowadays out in the woods, there should be more pics for how many "sightings" people have claimed

Comment

Little pessimistic or scared? Just trying to figure out weird track I've never seen and I'm in a river bottom with the river a quarter mile away. Seen lots of recognizable tracks. This one is completely different. I know now that everyone has had a less than year. Acorn and natural nutrition due to the abundance of rainfall is keeping them piled up somewhere. Thanks yall

Comment

Why is everyone scared of hogs? I don't get it. I guess everyone watches too much American Hogger?
                                Because it's alive lol. Sure one day one might get you but I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Comment

Working...
                                X