No announcement yet.

Leon Cty. Mtn Lions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you can carry a handgun in archery season if you have a CHL?

Comment

I would definitely check on the 'handgun during archery season' with or without a CHL is kosher....

Comment

I used to hunt Freestone County in Fairfield back in 94-95. One night when we were almost to the lease my dad woke me up and said "look at that dog" I saw the yellow lab up in the yard of and said that it looked like our dog Brandon. He said "Brandon is not black, what kind of dog is it?" At that moment I looked up on the road and there was a black animal moving straight down the road, right at that moment he turned side ways and we knew it was not a dog, it had a long tail and was the size. and looked like a mountain lion but it was black. Needless to say I was scared to death (I was only 18) watching all around me heading to the stand ever since but we never saw it again. I think he was after the lab and but when we rounded the corner we spooked him. My grandpa always talked about seeing panthers around the Woodville area growing up and I would never have believed it if I had not seen one myself.

Comment

This came off the TPWD web site:It is unlawful to be in possession of a firearm while hunting with a broadhead HUNTING point during the Archery-Only season, except a person licensed to carry a concealed handgun in Texas may carry a concealed handgun.
          Last edited by SLICK_N_STICKY; 07-07-2010, 08:29 AM.

Comment

My wife and I saw one around Thanksgiving last year. It was in our field next to the house off of FM 811. It was just laying in the field and by the time I got the bullet in the gun and my sights on it he just got up and walked into the bottoms. I know I am not going to look for it. lol

Comment

I saw my first mountain lion in southern Crosby/ north Garza county line on the 4th. It was a juvenile kitty but was for sure a mountain lion. Had no gun with me. The fawn decoy and fawn distress call are coming out this week.

Comment

Originally posted by A&M 90 View Post
                Not faulting you, but I'm far more concerned about feral dogs than I am mountain lions.

IMO - mountain lions are very fearful of us. And unless they're sick or starving they'd never even consider people as a food source.

But a sidearm is always a comfort....CHL it is!
                just carry if you can. guns are good.
                Last edited by Rakkasan2187; 07-07-2010, 10:11 AM.

Comment

I know this is an old post but I'm new here. We've had a tough year. The deer seem spooked. Not much on the cams and I've seen lots of tracks that resemble tracks that I've researched online. Heard some noises I've never heard. Sound like house cats on steroids getting it on. The tracks were almost the size of my hand accompanied by smaller ones about two inches in diameter. I don't want to jump to conclusions but just want to figure out why deer herds are down and I'm not putting meat in the freezer. ???

Comment

I spent the first 29 years of my life all over Leon county and I promise you there are ML there. Ive seen 3 in the flesh.

They dont stay in one place long so if your deer are staying spooked, its probably something else. Could be poachers, wild dogs, or something else.

Comment

There have been a number of lion sightings in the recent year or two close to my house.. even been articles in the local news paper asking hunters not to shoot them.

Comment

If its a mom with cubs, she could be teaching them to hunt and will stay in the same area for some time. At least that's what happened on our Edwards County ranch in 08-09

Comment

Why is everyone scared of hogs? I don't get it. I guess everyone watches too much American Hogger?

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                            There have been a number of lion sightings in the recent year or two close to my house.. even been articles in the local news paper asking hunters not to shoot them.
                            Was this in Centerville?

Comment

Originally posted by npe001 View Post
                              Why is everyone scared of hogs? I don't get it. I guess everyone watches too much American Hogger?
                              Ha! Ask the gentlemen two post above you. Do a quick search as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                                Me and another fella saw one in 78' here in Freestone county...about 20 yards in front of the truck...He was crossing the road....One was trapped in Cayuga last year....I see no reason there can't be one/some in Leon county.....

Comment

Working...
                                X