Leon Cty. Mtn Lions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aggiebowhunter View Post
    Ive heard of sightings of cats like that in our area, but the sources they came from were less than credible.

Ive never seen one, nor found a track of one and I spent a whole lot of time in the woods.
    Randy,

I've never seen cats or tracks in Leon, but a good friend (Torno) swears he saw one bowhunting a few miles from my place. Wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

That's cool, they might have to rename them in Leon County, no mountains there.LOL

Comment

Hey Steve,
        Wouldnt suprise me either. I swear there are parts of this county that still havent been seen by man.

I did have a hunter our a few years ago that swore he saw one. Said he wasnt sure if he couldnt shoot it then when he made his mind up to go ahead the slightest move he made and it was gone.

I didnt believe him by not knowing him. Now five or so years later I know him well and I have no doubt of his character but I still doubt what he was was a big black cat.

I also have problems with hunters that see big flocks of turkeys on our place.

Comment

Originally posted by aggiebowhunter View Post
          I also have problems with hunters that see big flocks of turkeys on our place.
          Randy,

You didn't get the memo? Leon County turkeys eat carrion. They usually flock around cow and raccoon carcasses.

Will

Comment

....predator numbers everywhere are likely to increase as hunting pressure decreases due to fewer hunters and more restricted land.....as Mike said, however, an attack from a cat will be in stealth mode and much quicker than you could draw and fire a concealed weapon if the cat is actually out to get you as a food source!! Believe I'd rely on a sharp BH as a deterent rather than a concealed handgun....

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
              CHL it is
              Hunt in Leona on the Boggy Creek just East of 75
              here kitty kitty kitty
              I have seen big tracks in Oakwood along the banks of the Trinity and heard talk of them in Jewett -I been waiting on a confirmed kill and proof .
              When ever we drive pass the Boggy Creek sign my uncle or cousin whoever I got with me screams out 'Passin the BOWGAE PRAISE GOD I"M ALMOST HOME"!!!! helps keep you alert drivin at 3 am going hunting.Screams it again when we pass the Keechi creek sign.
              Last edited by HoustonR6ryda; 07-15-2009, 12:35 PM. Reason: forgot the keechi sign scream

Comment

Scream to loud crossing the Keechi and Barnett might come out lookin for you.

Comment

I was up at my father in law's over the 4th and saw where something drug a 250+ pound boar off into the woods and over a downed tree. We didn't hang around too long to look for tracks This was right of Hwy 7 East of town about 7 miles

Comment

I didn't see it for myself, but my best friend says he saw a cat on his place in Madison Co. I've known him most of my life so I trust him.

Nothing surprises me anymore after seeing Mary's video of the black bear coming to the feeder in the hill country.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      You'd be in more danger of getting struck by lightning or breaking your leg in an armadillo hole than getting attacked by a big cat.
                      x2 or a hog

Comment

this is a hoot, we need to get a crew together for dinner at the Leona General store for Steak night to exchange chupacabra stories. When we leave we can scream for the Boggy Bottom Monster and see if he comes out of da swamp!

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
                          this is a hoot, we need to get a crew together for dinner at the Leona General store for Steak night to exchange chupacabra stories. When we leave we can scream for the Boggy Bottom Monster and see if he comes out of da swamp!
                          Not far from robertson county AKA "Booger County" lol

Comment

Her you go.

Comment

I wouldn't go into the woods anywhere in Texas without a handgun. Feral hogs are everywhere. So I guess it's a mute point here. Guns are good.

Comment

Only seen Bobcats on our place....heard plenty of stories though

Comment

Working...
                                X