No announcement yet.

Official 2023 Houston Astros season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brian Abreu is a hero. Garcia is a clown. We're going to the WS again. The baseball gods won't allow anything else.

Comment

Verlander's comments on the Garcia homerun and the HBP. He could be blowing smoke, but I would tend to agree that it wasn't intentional.

Justin Verlander joined "Flippin Bats" to discuss his pitching performance, the Houston Astros' comeback win and more. #FlippinBats #MLB #AstrosSUBSCRIBE to ...

Comment

JV had to say that whether it’s true or not. They don’t want Abreu suspended. Dusty got ejected arguing that it would be ridiculous to hit him on purpose in that situation, which it would have been both ridiculous and stupid. I don’t think Dusty ordered it. Did Abreu do it on his own? Maybe. He might have felt he wouldn’t be ejected and that he has good enough stuff to get out of it. Sometimes you gotta take the law in your own hands. The biatch deserved it, but it could have waited for a more appropriate time. As it turned out, as Chris Farley would say, “it was awesome”!

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
          JV had to say that whether it’s true or not. They don’t want Abreu suspended. Dusty got ejected arguing that it would be ridiculous to hit him on purpose in that situation, which it would have been both ridiculous and stupid. I don’t think Dusty ordered it. Did Abreu do it on his own? Maybe. He might have felt he wouldn’t be ejected and that he has good enough stuff to get out of it. Sometimes you gotta take the law in your own hands. The biatch deserved it, but it could have waited for a more appropriate time. As it turned out, as Chris Farley would say, “it was awesome”!
          I don’t think Dusty ordered it or Abreu did it on his own. Maldanado called it, he’s shown in the past he’s not scared to protect his pitchers and does not enjoy his guys being shown up. Numerous times our top guys have been thrown high and tight the last few days, then Garcia shows em up. Maybe he was just trying to come in tight, but that ball was coming for the center of his body. It was past time in this series to bury one in a rib cage.

Comment

I don’t think anyone on that staff does anything unless Maldonado ordered it.

Comment

Hopefully Garcia took some lessons from Atluve on how to act after hitting a game changing homerun.

Comment

That’s just not who that guy is. He really does remind me of the 2nd coming of Carlos Gomez, thinking it’s always 100% about him.

And I’m still annoyed the Astros ever traded for that idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
                  That’s just not who that guy is. He really does remind me of the 2nd coming of Carlos Gomez, thinking it’s always 100% about him.

And I’m still annoyed the Astros ever traded for that idiot.
                  Haha, agreed! Gomez was a complete fool!!

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post

Haha, agreed! Gomez was a complete fool!!
                    By the way, good catch on Garcia backing away when Maldy drew a fist back.

I hadn’t noticed that even in the replays until you mentioned it in the other thread but yep, that happened. I went back and watched the replays several times, and might still be laughing.

The coach wasn’t even slowing that jackass down before that fist got made, but he back peddled right quick afterward.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post

By the way, good catch on Garcia backing away when Maldy drew a fist back.

I hadn’t noticed that even in the replays until you mentioned it in the other thread but yep, that happened. I went back and watched the replays several times, and might still be laughing.

The coach wasn’t even slowing that jackass down before that fist got made, but he back peddled right quick afterward.
                      Ol boy didnt want nothing to do with it right then

Comment

Lolol
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6211.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	26617505

Comment

Separated and birth, now on the same team and the inaugural members of a support group.

I like it.

Comment

Abreu suspended 2 games for intentionally hitting Garcia.
                            I’m sure he will appeal

Comment

Abreu suspended 2 games for intentionally hitting Garcia.
                              I’m sure he will appeal
                              Thats horses#$% decision.....players union will appeal for him....enforced next year.....Garcia instigated it, no punishment....I have zero doubt the league and powers to be do not want the Astros back in the Series

Comment

Emotions gonna be crazy tonight, its going to be loud and intense. I sure hope Framber has his head screwed on, or Dusty's got him on a really short leash.

Comment

Working...
                                X