Official 2023 Houston Astros season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    How 'bout these managerial moves??!!! Diaz, single, Singleton walk... 'Tuve dinger!! 5-4 good guys top 9, no body out!! Dusty for manager of the year!!
    Yea after Dusty was ejected

Comment

Woo Hoo Good guys 5-4 Ballgame!!

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post

Yea after Dusty was ejected
        All I have is GameDay on my laptop... Dusty was ejected from the game?? That's pretty cool, if someone else made those substitutions that resulted in the win!!

Comment

That was insane!

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
            Twist, your two boys, Diaz and Singleton!
            Well, you got one out of the two and that ain’t half bad!

I’ve definitely been advocating for Yainer for several months, but Singleton? Geeez. I didn’t even know that guy was on the playoff roster! And I would’ve definitely understood had he been left off.

One thing I will give the guy though, he doesn’t seem to swing at bad pitches very often and in that case a walk was every bit as good as a hit.

Comment

The Astros sub shortstop who speared line drive coming in cold off the bench changed the game. If the liner had been another foot to his left, winning runs might have scored. Pre-pitch positioning also key there. You could watch playoff games for many years and not see another Astros game like this with bench clearing ejection drama. I am an Astros fan, but the Rangers are very talented and young. Bochy was a backup catcher for Houston, and still in the game at 68.

Comment

Hit your HR, run around the bases, or deal with the karma, clown.

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
                  I agree.

Comment

Exactly.
                    I don’t think he was hit on purpose, but let’s not act you didn’t deserve it…

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post

Exactly.
                      I don’t think he was hit on purpose, but let’s not act you didn’t deserve it…
                      Oh, it was on purpose. I guarantee.

Comment

It may have been, but it seems crazy to do that at that time of the game. It was still a winable game.
                        If that was the case ,Ranger fans have no reason to be mad. They did the same thing to Bautista…
                        I am not a Rangers fan, but that turn of events was awesome. Lol.

Comment

Part of me thinks it was but part also thinks it wasn’t.

Rubi mentioned the obvious, that you don’t do something like that in that situation when your offense absolutely (and obviously) has the ability to erase that deficit real quick. Intentionally putting an extra runner on increases the chance of the deficit increasing which of course makes it more difficult to come back from.

Also, factor in that Abreu was all over the place when pitching to the batter before Chapman, and that’s pretty odd because he usually has very good command.

That said, yeah he deserved to get dotted. You don’t act like that regardless of how pumped up you are about what you just did. But he did and I bet all his teammates just love him for that now.

Comment

It had to be done. How could you not think that was intentional?

Comment

Because you’re down two runs in the bottom of the 8th of a playoff game and there’s already a runner on base.

Besides, there’s at least one more game after that one and there’s a good chance he could have come up early on in a non key situation.

Like I said though, intentional or not, he definitely earned it and should have worn it like a badge.

Comment

It had to be done. How could you not think that was intentional?
                                I would love to know the truth…
                                If it was, that was terrible baseball.
                                The goal is to win the game. Putting guys on base intentionally to me, means you think the game is over.
                                This isn’t a regular season game you can recover from.
                                Do I think he deserved it? Yes. Would I do it at this point of the game? No.
                                Last edited by Rubi513; 10-20-2023, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X