Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In for pics

Comment

i hope oscar did not pull a Timothy Treadwell..

Comment

Think I’ve hit refresh 10x today…… left in suspense!!! Great thread. Wishing him a safe and successful adventure!!

Comment

Oscar had stones of steel. If you ever saw him heart shoot that big male lion who was looking him in the eye, you wouldn't doubt him. That said, I'm looking forward to affirmation that all is well.

As far as eating the bear, he is from south la. If it's made of meat, he will eat it.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            Oscar had stones of steel. If you ever saw him heart shoot that big male lion who was looking him in the eye, you wouldn't doubt him. That said, I'm looking forward to affirmation that all is well.

As far as eating the bear, he is from south la. If it's made of meat, he will eat it.
            I am fairly certain grizzly and brown bear are pretty much trash, the State of Alaska does not require you to take the meat, they are strict about that stuff, they make you pack meat out before you can pack antlers out. Hope Oscar had a successful hunt, in for some pics.

Comment

I’m sure he’s fine…these trips are typically 7-10 days with almost expected delays, especially this time of year. Sure hoping he has a good one on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                I am fairly certain grizzly and brown bear are pretty much trash, the State of Alaska does not require you to take the meat, they are strict about that stuff, they make you pack meat out before you can pack antlers out. Hope Oscar had a successful hunt, in for some pics.
                Oh I aint eating it but Oscar already said he was going to eat some.

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                  I’m sure he’s fine…these trips are typically 7-10 days with almost expected delays, especially this time of year. Sure hoping he has a good one on the ground.
                  Yeah. I figured on probably at least 9-10 days in the woods, and bad weather is always a possibility up there...just hoping he would have service to post an update. Still...praying he is okay. Lots of things can happen.

Comment

If you happen to be on one of these hunts and do get delayed for a couple days and cannot get out due to weather do you get to keep hunting? I have to guess if I can’t get out the new group can’t get in.

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
                      If you happen to be on one of these hunts and do get delayed for a couple days and cannot get out due to weather do you get to keep hunting? I have to guess if I can’t get out the new group can’t get in.
                      If I wasn’t tagged out, I’d keep hunting.

Comment

Waiting on an update!

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
                          He will be hunting or fishing until they make him get on the plane. I get a kick out of him.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                            He will be hunting or fishing until they make him get on the plane. I get a kick out of him.

Hahahahahha, I believe that. I bet he’s seen something he’s after and it might take a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                              What backup weapon are you or guide carrying?
                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Apparently dental floss & toothpicks.

Comment

I keep checking in…….

Comment

Working...
                                X