No announcement yet.

Grizzly Unit 23 - Alaska Bound!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he's out on the islands the weather probably has him trapped, it's been pretty rough out here in the Bering Sea. The planes out here don't take chances with the wind.

Edit: He's definitely inland but weather probably still has him trapped

Comment

Good skilling MrRover. I hope youre eating heart and I look forward to the LDPs of a biggun.

Comment

Originally posted by IDFWU View Post
        I’m here at the local beer joint in Fairbanks waiting on Oscar but he’s still in the bush or turned into a bear **** by now.

Guess I’ll just get drunk by myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I ain't worried about Oscar turning into bear crap. The bears are worried about turning into Oscar crap!!!

Comment

Hope he had a good trio...

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
            I ain't worried about Oscar turning into bear crap. The bears are worried about turning into Oscar crap!!!
            You mean Oscars gonna eat the bear?

Comment

YeeYee

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                You mean Oscars gonna eat the bear?
                He claimed at the start of this thread that he intended to try it, just like any self respecting Cajun would
                Grizzly Bear Sauce Piquant IIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!

Comment

im impatiently patiently waiting for the details from Oscar!

Comment

Oscar is an experienced outdoorsman, but I am beginning to get a little concerned. I assume and hoping he just does not have cell coverage. He was off to the backcountry on the 13th, so hopefully, we will hear from him soon. Still, lots of things can go wrong in that country. Come on, Oscar! Send us a picture of a big ole grizzly and wolf with you grinning like you have just discovered teeth!!!

Comment

Randy, he has a sat phone for emergencies.

How many days was he expecting to be out?

I could see spending a week at getting a shot at a grizz. But he bought a wolf tag too. My plan would be to use the bear guts as wolf bait, till I had to go back to civi.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                        Oscar is an experienced outdoorsman, but I am beginning to get a little concerned. I assume and hoping he just does not have cell coverage. He was off to the backcountry on the 13th, so hopefully, we will hear from him soon. Still, lots of things can go wrong in that country. Come on, Oscar! Send us a picture of a big ole grizzly and wolf with you grinning like you have just discovered teeth!!!
                        Couldn't agree more!!

Comment

Weather up here has been bad… planes are definitely getting delayed the last few days.

Comment

I keep hoping to see an update every time I get on and this thread has new posts

I bet he is locked in by weather and will have a heck of a story to share when he gets back to civilization

Comment

Looking forward to the write up. Weathered in for 3 days would be ugly...

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                                I keep hoping to see an update every time I get on and this thread has new posts

I bet he is locked in by weather and will have a heck of a story to share when he gets back to civilization
                                Was just thinking the same thing

Comment

Working...
                                X