Raccoons spinning Lamco low n throw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
    Are the coons reaching the spinner from the hole cut out in the middle of that bottom plate?
    If so, just cover the hole by using short self taping screws and a stainless steel bowl.
    this happend to me, they say coon proof , bull!

Comment

Maybe they are picking up sticks and poking them inside and spinning the plates….lol

Comment

Originally posted by KingsX View Post
        Thank you.
        Sorry, forgot all about measuring the plates on my Lamco. We did kill 7 turkey though.

Comment

Originally posted by WTN View Post
          Sorry, forgot all about measuring the plates on my Lamco. We did kill 7 turkey though.
          Hopefully I won’t have to worry about it anymore. Had to do some math and measuring but I managed to get a spintech inverted spinner installed on the Lamco.

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C_zQgoZCd88"]April 5, 2023 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Very nice! That should solve the problem

Comment

Mine appear to be reaching thru
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RINCON View Post
                Mine appear to be reaching thru
                If you have the time or are successful trapping the Alfa coon that teaches others like Smart said,then this is an alternative fix possibly with the spintech spinner.
                Still a slap in the face for a feeder supposed to be designed to be “coonproof”.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsX View Post
                  Hopefully I won’t have to worry about it anymore. Had to do some math and measuring but I managed to get a spintech inverted spinner installed on the Lamco.

April 5, 2023 - YouTube
                  Very nice !!

Comment

I measured mine today. It’s 31” and octagon shaped. Mine has a solid bottom plate with no hole in it.

Some have a hole in the bottom that raccoons are able to reach in and turn the spinner. No idea why they changed to that.

Comment

Raccoons spinning Lamco low n throw

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      I measured mine today. It’s 31” and octagon shaped. Mine has a solid bottom plate with no hole in it.

Some have a hole in the bottom that raccoons are able to reach in and turn the spinner. No idea why they changed to that.

Was told easier access to adjust or tighten the plate …. Haven’t looked at mine since I covered it up though. Makes little sense in a design that is supposed to be coon proof.

Comment

I recently purchased a Lamco 600lb low and throw feeder and have 6 coons camping out at the feeder all night. I have pics and videos…they are reaching through the slots and barely reaching the plate. Not really spinning it but moving it enough to take corn out all night! Very frustrated!

Comment

I won't buy a feeder I can't put an eliminator spinner on. The plates like that are not varmint proof.

Just having corn sitting all over those plates encourages animals to mess with the feeders to get to the corn.

Comment

Originally posted by BRUTE 23 View Post
                            I won't buy a feeder I can't put an eliminator spinner on. The plates like that are not varmint proof.

Just having corn sitting all over those plates encourages animals to mess with the feeders to get to the corn.
                            Sorry, but mine are definitely coon proof ! The older ones are, I’ve had mine for five or six years and have had cameras on them constantly. They pick up corn off the ground but cannot get to the spinner. Jason posted the fix for the newer ones and if I needed to, I’d buy more in a heartbeat !

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post

Sorry, but mine are definitely coon proof ! The older ones are, I’ve had mine for five or six years and have had cameras on them constantly. They pick up corn off the ground but cannot get to the spinner. Jason posted the fix for the newer ones and if I needed to, I’d buy more in a heartbeat !
                              Which is yours?

Comment

Originally posted by BRUTE 23 View Post

Which is yours?
                                They would have to be the older ones, because the reasons I bought them were:
                                1. Coon proof
                                2. Easy to fill
                                3. 600 pound capacity

I could add that they can’t be damaged by hogs but mine are in a pen so that’s not important to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X