No announcement yet.

Raccoons spinning Lamco low n throw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by AntlerCollector; 03-28-2023, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
      Buy five Duke coon traps and set them up near that feeder. That will fix your problem for this season.
      Easy to catch coons. But they just keep coming. Trust me, it’s like the porous border we have down south.

Seems like we have a bunch of smart guys on here that have figured a way to tweak those feeders. Good job !

BP

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
        Easy to catch coons. But they just keep coming. Trust me, it’s like the porous border we have down south.

Seems like we have a bunch of smart guys on here that have figured a way to tweak those feeders. Good job !

BP

But....you kill the aggressive ones that know the game and are teachers of others. And its fun hunting at night while you sleep.

Comment

Probably a handicapped coon with a long arm are it could be those border crossers from down south now bringing some spider Monkeys with them. I here they like corn. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by KELLEY68 View Post
            In 2015 I built 2 1200lb feeders with 32" octagons on the bottom to help with the coon problem I was having. At the time I had never seen another feeder with this set up. Opening between plates is just enough so a kernel of corn will not get hung up between bottom plate and spinner. The top of spinner clears top plate by 1/8-3/16". Don't recall exact opening measurements between plates. These 2 feeders have run year-round since 2015 with not a single issue. Very seldom get pictures of coons anymore. Use to get pictures all night.
            I built a 1000lb feeder this past year with 30” plates and the coons can’t get to it. The difference is I have no leg crossmembers or plate rod supports for them to perch/hold on to like the Lamco has. Plus my plates are 6-1/2” higher off the ground vs a Lamco
            Attached Files

Comment

So for a coon to spin the slinger its arm length would need to be 15 inches long to reach it on 30 inch plates? I’m going to kill a coon in the next few days and measure his reach, hopefully no one’s sees me in the act. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                So for a coon to spin the slinger its arm length would need to be 15 inches long to reach it on 30 inch plates? I’m going to kill a coon in the next few days and measure his reach, hopefully no one’s sees me in the act. Lol

Comment

Plate spinner is 6" wide....so 3" shorter each way....so 12" reach
                  Last edited by Smart; 03-28-2023, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lHeb6PCD1zc"]March 28, 2023 - YouTube[/ame]
                    [ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s1HOZfVxA88"]March 28, 2023 - YouTube[/ame]
                    [ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3ehChDjNQXI"]March 28, 2023 - YouTube[/ame]
                    Last edited by KingsX; 03-28-2023, 02:28 PM.

Comment

And for sure don’t get caught measuring any coon toothpicks from the other thread.

Comment

Oh I believe you 100% KingsX. I laughed at the thought of him measuring a raccoons arm.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          Oh I believe you 100% KingsX. I laughed at the thought of him measuring a raccoons arm.

Just thought folks may need to see what we are talking about is all.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsX View Post
                            Just thought folks may need to see what we are talking about is all.
                            Dang! Are those 30 inch plates? If they are them coons got Go Go Gaget arms. Lol

Comment

Dang! Are those 30 inch plates? If they are them coons got Go Go Gaget arms. Lol
                              Yes 30” plates

Comment

Flies attract coons. Kill the flies! It's your GOLDEN opportunity!

Comment

Working...
                                X