Raccoons spinning Lamco low n throw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    I’d sure like to know if the newer models really do have a smaller diameter plate. I have 5 low and throw feeders. It’s impossible for a raccoon to reach in and turn the spinner.
    Dang! You posted while I was watching tv I guess. I really agree and thought they can’t reach it. I’m having to do the JSmart treatment on my EZ feeder though.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      Dang! You posted while I was watching tv I guess. I really agree and thought they can’t reach it. I’m having to do the JSmart treatment on my EZ feeder though.
      Yep I have two EZ feeders. They needed a little after market help

Comment

If you want to know if they are really reaching it turn the feeder off. If the coons are still on camera every night hanging around it then they can reach it

You can also take a sharpie and mark the inside wall at the top of the corn. Come back in a few weeks and if your corn in the hopper is below that line they are reaching it

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
          If you want to know if they are really reaching it turn the feeder off. If the coons are still on camera every night hanging around it then they can reach it

You can also take a sharpie and mark the inside wall at the top of the corn. Come back in a few weeks and if your corn in the hopper is below that line they are reaching it
          This is true and really not a bad ideal, I just hate turning it off and be like half of the other members not throwing anything. Did I really say that. Lol
          I will buy be a biscuit pan and cover the bottom also. Thanks Smart.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            Yep I have two EZ feeders. They needed a little after market help
            Would you guys mind sharing what you did with your EZ feeders to help out? They seem to have a really similar idea to the Lamco. The main difference seems to be the motor location being down below the spinner plate and shield on the EZ.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyag15 View Post
              Would you guys mind sharing what you did with your EZ feeders to help out? They seem to have a really similar idea to the Lamco. The main difference seems to be the motor location being down below the spinner plate and shield on the EZ.

Bottom shelf needs to be extended . ASF should have at least taken it out to the same length as the hopper.

Here is the piece of metal I bought for this at Home Depot. No cutting required.

Comment

This combination works surprisingly well. The former residents in our area seemed to especially appreciate the Louisiana Hot Sauce variety.
                Attached Files

Comment

Great info, thank you Smart.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyag15 View Post
                    Great info, thank you Smart.
                    I knew he could explain it better since the fix was his idea. I hope it helps ya

Comment

I knew he could explain it better since the fix was his idea. I hope it helps ya

Although I’d love to claim it, the mod was in the giant original ASF thread in several different forms and fashions with different metals by different TBHers. I just added my plates, some paint and took pics of mine to make it easier to explain to future ASF owners. . [emoji38]

Comment

Originally posted by Honker View Post
                        This combination works surprisingly well. The former residents in our area seemed to especially appreciate the Louisiana Hot Sauce variety.
                        Dukes foot hold traps are a great tool for catching raccoons, but a feeder that doesn’t allow them to eat in the first place is key. I’ve used those traps for many years. I no longer have raccoons feeding from any of my feeders though because they can’t eat corn there unless the deer leave it on the ground. The Lamco Low and throw feeders have proven to be raccoon proof over the last 6 years I’ve used them. I still have a few of the old barrel feeders on my East Texas lease. I haven’t had a raccoon problem for at least 3 years since I added slinky’s to the feeder legs on them.

I no longer “bait” traps to attract raccoons. I let other hunters who haven’t figured out how to coon proof their feeders deal with them

Comment

I'm 99% sure the *******s are reaching THROUGH our slots also on the Lamco. They can't get a big spin and empty but they do get some from it. You can see the spinner plate in the pics moving and I don't think it's from underneath. I'll pay more attn once we start up feeders again here soon.

Comment

They are evolving in Blanco County...quickly!! We added expanded metal ot our EZ Feeders similar to Smart's pic above and I got pics all night long last night with them standing next to it reaching in. I think we need to move them out some. I'll upload a pic as soon as the HD version shows up.
                            Last edited by Casey; 08-08-2022, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
                              Over the past 2-3 years they have been making them cheaper and cheaper by cutting corners. They started reducing the diameter of the metal circle plates so now the raccoons can reach them. The older models are built with thicker metal and larger plates.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                              Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                              There’s no way they can reach my spinner plates. Yours must be different.
                              YEP to both of these!

They went up alot in price and I bought them at dealer cost. I was shocked they are not made by machines but instead hand welded by a human on each part.

Coons cannot get to them!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Bottom shelf needs to be extended . ASF should have at least taken it out to the same length as the hopper.

Here is the piece of metal I bought for this at Home Depot. No cutting required.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt...1467/204225705
                                This is good stuff right here but the next time I go it will be empty. Oh well, I need to get geared up for when I go next. I hate coons!

Comment

Working...
                                X