Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the craziest thing you've seen on the side of the road?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dildo

Comment

Sounds like I need to start paying more attention when driving around

Comment

Tire blew on a car in front of me one night. Roll over. Car had a bunch of people in it. One ejected and dead. Long wait for 911 response. Long, lonely terrible night in the middle of know where.

Comment

Driving on Hwy 6 from Waco to College Station in about 1998. Came over a hill and saw a huge cloud of dust kick up in the road about a half a mile in front of me. As I got closer, realized I had seen a head-on accident. I young girl driving a car north had tried to pass a line of 3-4 cars on a bridge and nailed a guy in a 1/2 ton chevy. Her car was turned 180 degrees and was pointed south, pinned underneath the truck which was resting on the hood of the car, halfway off the bridge.

The young lady was dead when I got there. The dash of the dudes truck was in his lap. He got cut out and lived. It was a mess.

In about 2016 driving home from work one evening. Decided I'd go by the bus depot in downtown Houston under the Pierce elevated. Homeless people everywhere. Peeing and crapping on the street. One dude was sitting at one of the metro benches with his pants around his ankles.

I made the mistake of stopping for gas down there one time. Got harassed by homeless people to the point that I got enough gas to get me out of there and I was gone.

Comment

Saw some dead people on the side of the road once after they had wrecked. Wasn't really crazy I wouldn't say. Just sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
              Driving on Hwy 6 from Waco to College Station in about 1998. Came over a hill and saw a huge cloud of dust kick up in the road about a half a mile in front of me. As I got closer, realized I had seen a head-on accident. I young girl driving a car north had tried to pass a line of 3-4 cars on a bridge and nailed a guy in a 1/2 ton chevy. Her car was turned 180 degrees and was pointed south, pinned underneath the truck which was resting on the hood of the car, halfway off the bridge.

The young lady was dead when I got there. The dash of the dudes truck was in his lap. He got cut out and lived. It was a mess.

In about 2016 driving home from work one evening. Decided I'd go by the bus depot in downtown Houston under the Pierce elevated. Homeless people everywhere. Peeing and crapping on the street. One dude was sitting at one of the metro benches with his pants around his ankles.

I made the mistake of stopping for gas down there one time. Got harassed by homeless people to the point that I got enough gas to get me out of there and I was gone.

This reminds me of the aftermath scene observed after a head on collision between two cars on an extremely foggy morning. There were three or four of us guys headed out to feed horses early one morning. We made our way as usual in a ranch truck up the gravel road until reaching the blacktop Farm to Market road and waited at the stop sign. The fog was frighteningly thick that morning. You couldn’t see the sun even. We couldn’t have seen any traffic coming even if it had been less than fifty feet away. Pulling away from the stop sign left you with an uneasy feeling. Was it a prompting of what was soon to occur in that spot? Hard to say.

We made it to the horses safely, got them fed and then headed back. By then the fog had thinned a little. Thankfully as we rounded that curve, we were able to see an accident scene ahead and pull over. There was debris all over the road and in the ditches. Fluids from both cars was spilled on the road surface. You could hear a little girl crying in the ditch with her mother trying to comfort her. Other people had arrived upon the scene before us so there was little we could do. We did take measures to alert traffic headed towards that location to stop. With the fog still plenty thick, we were rightfully concerned of other vehicles crashing into the scene. The two cars involved had hit head on. Thankfully everyone survived.

Comment

4 of July weekend I seen a body floating in Lake Texana while driving across the lake . Called it in . 2 hrs later the game wardens recovered the body .

Comment

Originally posted by cwd500 View Post
                  I used to volunteer in my home town and we had a curvy road that goes through the woods. I've seen a few motorcycles hit deer, Although I didn't drive up on them.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
                  Friend of mine hit a deer on his bike somewhere between sour lake and bevel oaks around 2010ish. Messed him up pretty good. Fire chief out at the plant.
                  Originally posted by Draco View Post
                  Saw a guy beating his girl friend on the side of the road. Pulled over and went to stop him. He commenced to beat me then which gave her a chance to get away and hide. He was tougher than he looked.
                  Hate to laugh at your misfortune, but this is funny. [emoji16]

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

I picked up a brand new in the box LazyBoy recliner off the side of 75 one morning.

Comment

Forgot about this one. A couple days a week there was an obviously young kid on a motorcycle that would weave in and out of traffic while passing everyone on 105 between Montgomery and the Conroe Dam. The first couple of times it just ticked me off, then I realized he was doomed. Every time I saw him I would be surprised he was still alive.

Of course, one day when I was almost to work, right at the entrance to the road I turn on there was a car with pieces of a motorcycle stuck in the grill. Parts of it scattered all around. His body was in the ditch, they had already covered him up, thankfully.

17yo on a bike that was bigger than he could legally ride ( at the time 250cc was the largest under 18 could ride iirc ).

Comment

I saw a couple in an adult love snuggle on the hood of their car one night on the said of 82 between Sherman and Sadler. It took me a second to process everything but yep, a good old fashioned exhibitionist couple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by switchbackxt View Post
                          Dildo
                          ^^ best story so far

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                            Saw a guy beating his girl friend on the side of the road. Pulled over and went to stop him. He commenced to beat me then which gave her a chance to get away and hide. He was tougher than he looked.
                            I've been there. [emoji2]

Semper Fi

Comment

A couple of hobos going at it under a bridge like they were teenagers in love. Butt naked, 10 ft from the road, and not a care in the world. Lol

Comment

One really foggy morning I made the curve on I10 right after you cross the river at Columbus. Out of the fog appears a pickup truck stopped in the middle of I10. Luckily I had slowed down otherwise I'd have smoked him.

I've seen drunks bounce their cars off the rails at 3am in Houston. Plenty of homeless acting up. Didn't actually see it but the fat naked lady dancing on top of a 18 wheeler in rush hour traffic made the news a couple years back. People be crazy...

Comment

Working...
                                X