Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the craziest thing you've seen on the side of the road?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to check on a job in downtown Austin and turned the corner and a homeless guy was dropping a duece on the sidewalk. See some weird chit on the side of the roads in Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
      I live in a rural area. A few miles from the house as I crossed the train tracks there was 2 hot girls on the tracks, in bikinis, dancing in the rain. Nobody else around. I really, really wanted to stop, but just knew it was some kind of setup.

That was like 10yrs ago now, and I still glace over every time I cross those tracks. Next time, I will risk it...
      [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I was driving back home from a friend’s ranch at 2:00am. Somewhere about 15 miles east of Jacksboro I topped a hill and there were three guys in a full-on fist fight in the middle of the two lane highway. I swerved into the ditch and took out a couple wood fence posts before fishtailing back onto the road, banging up my fender. I was really ******. I started to go back and confront them but I could see they were still going at it so I decided in the interest of self preservation I would let it go and just kept driving.

Comment

I once saw a feral swine chasing a donkey down a fence line on the side of Hwy 287 between Vernon and Electra. Funniest thing ever. I would give anything to know the back story.

Comment

A homeless guy jerking his Wang in a construction barrel under 59 downtown.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Naked dude walking down the side of a dirt road in Matagorda county one very early morning.

Comment

LEO on the shoulder that didn’t give me a ticket.

Comment

Witnessed the worst road rage I’ve seen to date. A car load of men were traveling at a high rate of speed near Grapevine on the highway. They flew past my vehicle and were rapidly changing lanes. No sooner than they passed by, a second car went past. Every time the fist car full of men changed lanes, the second car, driven by a female, would change lanes to try and catch up with the first car. She was gaining on the first car rapidly. Traffic had increased in that area and so it made it difficult for the driver of the first car to get away from the car pursuing.

An exit appeared ahead. The driver of the first car saw it and swerved hard to get across two lanes and make the exit. He did make it and was heading downhill on the service road to a line of cars stopped below at a signal light. The lady chasing them had fallen behind dodging other cars on the highway. It didn’t look like she was gonna make the exit without wrecking the car she was driving and other cars around her. Somehow she made that exit and avoided smashing the guardrail. Those tires must’ve been hot hot. The last thing I observed looking back was seeing her deliberately speed up to crash into the back of the now stopped car load of men she had been chasing. I never did hear what that was all about.

Comment

A house sitting in Cook Inlet.
                    It was a couple of days after the Alaskan earthquake and we were driving around looking at damage and saw a house that had slid off of a mountainside into the inlet. It was built pretty solid because there didn’t appear to be much damage. Over time, as the tides came and went it slowly disappeared down to the roof and eventually even that was gone.

Comment

I was on a pay phone way down West 6 street about 2-3 am one night and watched a car go past traveling the wrong way toward Lamar. I saw the headlights coming from the green light 8 blocks away. A couple of little hills in the road there. None of them saw it coming……3 plus lanes on 1. How none of them hit was an act of God. Lots of tire smoke, horns and lights! No impact.

Comment

One night while working a dirt road on the Tohono Oʼodham reservation we spotted approximately 25 “cyclists” heading north from a border area… there was a cattle guard approximately 2 miles north of their location where we set up to intercept them… as we arrived at the intercept point we noticed a motionless body laid out in the middle of the road… at first we thought the person was dead but it turned out to be just an intoxicated member from the afore mentioned reservation…

This was a big ole boy and as we struggled to get him of the road the “cyclists” were on us…. We managed to apprehend 20 of the illegals and got something like 26 bikes…. We had at least 5 got-a-ways….

Not ten minutes later a vehicle driving lights out came out of Mexico and was head in our direction… after a short chase we managed to get it stopped… In the vehicle was another drunk member of the same reservation looking for his buddy who had walked off…. yup you guessed it, his buddy was the one we found laying on the road… that must have been one hell of a party those boys were at…

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                          A house sitting in Cook Inlet.
                          It was a couple of days after the Alaskan earthquake and we were driving around looking at damage and saw a house that had slid off of a mountainside into the inlet. It was built pretty solid because there didn’t appear to be much damage. Over time, as the tides came and went it slowly disappeared down to the roof and eventually even that was gone.
                          That’s crazy

Comment

When I was 18 I got off work at midnight one Friday night and Jumped on I-30 in the right lane. Suddenly there was a car going the wrong way in the left lane. I am just lucky we were both in "our" right lanes and didn't have a head-on collision at 70 mph. This was before air bags, I probably would have been killed, I definitely didn't have time to react before we passed each other.

Comment

seen a dude at about 3:30 in the morning on 59 on his hands and knees about half across my lane of traffic looking right at me. i turned around just past the next small hill out of concern only to meet him walking down the shoulder waving a big ol wave and smile...

Comment

met a truck head on coming out of muenster heading west. he was coming for us, i moved all he way onto the dirt past the shoulder just to miss him. come to findout he had just robbed the kountry knorner store west of muenster..

Comment

Working...
                                X