Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the craziest thing you've seen on the side of the road?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bil(sam) and I were hunting a huge ranch in the late 1980s out in Llano Co. Old man managed the place and would Iet us bowhunting for 25 bucks a day cash.

Anyway it was end of Sept on a perfect sunny afternoon. We had a strong front and high was maybe 72. From the front locked gate to the place we lived to camp is a slow 45 minute drive.

Anyway there is a giant spring gushing straight out of the rock and forms a swift stream over a polished rock bed. The road(of you can call it a road) comes down off a big hill and crosses the creek. I came bouncing down on my ol bronco and was about to cross the 10ft wide creek bed. Low and behold, right in the crossing sat a naked fellow with an absolutely Georgous gal sitting on his lap facing him. They never heard us coming. They are sitting in about 12 inches of water. The girl flings herself around and tries to hide behind him. I just roll the window down and stop right beside them. Yall catching anything? They didn't see the humor so I eased on.

About 50yds past the creek lay their cloths and another couple hundred yds was an old army jeep they drove in there on. Don't have a clue who they were. If that was you and you are aTbher now.... sorry, I hope it worked out for you. She was hot!

Comment

Emu running And falling across 277 in Brontë.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Yesterday after a big rainstorm, power was out, I was driving north on 155 near Frankston toward Tyler. All the roads were wet, puddles everywhere, and there on the side of the road was a giant yellow rubber duck. One of those that you float in the pool. No one around. LOL

Probably not the strangest thing I have seen on the side of the road, but it sure made me laugh

Comment

last weekend at our lease near Eagle Pass - Illegals walking both ways on two major highways in plain site - nobody bothering them or picking them up - just strolling in from other countries heading to many of our cities in Texas

Comment

Saw a lady taking a crap at the top of a exit off I-20 in East Texas..........while a little kid (4 or 5) was running around the car in the dark. When my headlights hit her stooped down on the passenger side it was comedy GOLD!!!

Comment

when i was a kid we we’re heading north on I45 and this ragged old chevy with a black guy driving that had a hand painted with a paint roller crooked racing stripe , passed us and it looked like had a rag or something flapping under the back except it was fire coming out Lol !
                a guy in front of us sped up told the guy his car was on fire , he hit the off ramp at a high rate of speed with the fire growing quickly.
                we went under the over pass and by the time we got to the other side the guy was out and hightailing it out of there and then the car went up in a column of flames
                it was by far the greatest thing i had ever seen !!!!

Comment

How has nobody replied with

“Your mom”

Yet???

Comment

Originally posted by RebeccaCreekKid View Post
                    How has nobody replied with

“Your mom”

Yet???
                    Most of us are over 12 yrs old....

Comment

Was heading out to California on I-10. It was Labor Day weekend almost 20 years ago. Was making REALLY good time when cars ahead slowed to a crawl. By the time I got to the accident site there was already at least 20 cars that had stopped to help. An old 80’s Chevy truck had obviously rolled over in the center median, with a BUNCH of people in the bed of the truck. Bodies were scattered over about a 100’ area. Only a couple of the people were moving, most were not. With the clothes they had on, and the other stuff scattered everywhere it looked like a big bunch of people had left a lake when the truck rolled.

A couple of weeks later while in California, I had went to visit a friend of mine who worked for the same company I did. He was working at a store in San Jose while I was down in Torrence. I drove up there and we hung out for the weekend, then at around 1am I decide to start driving back without thinking how far away it was. I didn’t want to hit Las Angeles traffic on a Monday morning so I pushed my luck and decided to cruise at 100 mph the whole way back. Unbelievably, even with cruising at 100 mph, I got passed, TWICE!!

Was heading home late one night after school at 1:30 am just north of D/FW airport. Heard a loud squeal, looked over to see headlights aiming at me, then the headlights started going in circles. Called 911 and went back as quick as I could. I pull up to an SUV on its side and no one in sight. I hollered out a few times and finally some chick in her 20’s comes walking around the SUV with her arms crossed and she kept repeating the same thing.

“I’m fine. You don’t have to call the police. I’m ok. I’m good. You can go. I’m fine…….”

It appeared as though she was driving on the service road, veered off the road, then over corrected. The right side tires caught in the grass causing the SUV to roll over at least twice. A couple of minutes later the police and fire department show up. They took my statement and my info. A few months later I got a notice in the mail that I might be called up as a witness in a drunk driving case, but I never got a summons.

In late ‘94/early ‘95, a high school buddy and I were out cruising in his late 70’s hot rod Chevy truck in Bryan and College Station looking for people to race. After not finding anyone that was worth racing, we were headed back to his house at about 1 am. We were only about a mile away from his house, not far from Woodville Road when a car heading towards us swerved into our lane of traffic. Next thing we know, they shut off their headlights and we see balls of fire coming from the side of the car as we hear multiple gun shots. It was a drive by shooting! The car turns its headlights back on, gets back in their lane, and flies past us!! We took the next turn, got to highway 6, and went as fast as that hopped up 350 would go all the while being scared that the people were going to chase us down since we saw the whole thing. 2 hours later we finally got back to his house, I hopped in my truck and got out of there as quick as I could.

Comment

Last year on my birthday, driving home through some very rural farm land. I’m behind this other car and we’re just getting to a big bean field. I pass this field early in the morning,and always see some pretty good bucks.

We get to the field and I can see there are animals close to the road. The other car swerved, I slowed to a crawl and my headlights hit them . I said this slowly, that’s a ZEBRA.
                        Shocked me, something you can’t imagine in the middle of Maryland.

Found out, 6 Zebras escaped someone’s private zoo. Took months to catch them, and one died some how before they were rounded up.

Comment

Working...
                        X