Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the craziest thing you've seen on the side of the road?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not me but my wife saw a dead horse on Hwy 6 on her way to work, a week later another dead horse…. Kinda strange

Comment

Saw a dude try get tazed as he ran away from a State Trooper just north of Refugio on 77. He did the whole stiff as a board faceplant as he was running toward the trian tracks.

Comment

Saw a guy in a minivan drift off the shoulder of 195 towards Killeen, hit a concrete driveway embankment and go airborne about 4 feet. Landed on all 4 and stopped on the inside shoulder. It’s was Dukes of Hazard without the Dixie horn!

Comment

Saw a guy in a minivan drift off the shoulder of 195 towards Killeen, hit a concrete driveway embankment and go airborne about 4 feet. Landed on all 4 and stopped on the inside shoulder. It’s was Dukes of Hazard without the Dixie horn!

Comment

I was behind a guy on 19 southbound just north of Sulphur Springs. Going about 65, he was in an f150. Approaching a creek, his truck just drifts off the road barely missing the guardrail and flips end over end landing upside down in the creek. Never touched the brakes. I assumed it killed him. Ran down to help, tires still spinning. He was unhurt besides a small bump on hos head. I believe he passed out from a heart condition or something. Crazy.

Comment

Found an 8 ft. tall Ronald McDonald laying in a road ditch coming back from a goose hunt on the Katy Prairie back in the early 80's.

Comment

I used to work in San Antonio, used to drive down IH 10 east to get there. I worked at a dealer right on the corner of IH 10 and WW White. There is a McDonalds actually directly on that corner, the dealer is behind McDonalds, or was. One morning there was what seemed to be homeless guy sleeping in the grass out in front of McDonalds. Saw him going to work, got to work went on about four test drives that morning. Every time the guy was laying in the same spot, at one point, I was sure he had rolled over. I swear he was facing one way at one point, then another direction later in the morning. Then by 10:00 to 10:30 AM, there was a SAPD car there and a yellow tarp on top of the guy. Guess he was not sleeping. What's bad, is there are a lot of people that walk around that area every day all day. I would bet 30 people walked past him, from when I first saw him.

Around the same point in time, one morning on the way to work, there were clothes and other crap scattered all over IH 10, right at the WW White exit, then an 18 wheeler pulled over, with his lights flashing. where IH 10 goes over WW White. About the time I was pulling in the dealership, a few minutes later. There was report on the radio, that a woman had be hit on IH 10 and WW White. I thought that's not good. Then about an hour or two later, they reported on the pedestrian that was hit. Well, turns out they picked up enough pieces of the person off of the highway to determine it was not a she, it was a drag queen. They gave enough info in the report, that it was obvious that the person was scattered all over the highway along with his belongings. Driving along there was so much stuff scattered on the highway, you really could not tell what was what, other than clothes scattered.

Those are two I remember, I know I have seen a lot more crazy stuff over the years, with all the miles I drive.

Comment

I wasn't driving but one night at Northgate in college station my friends and I were leaving the bar waiting to cross the street. There was a LEO in a car talking to a bike LEO beside us. A car pulls up beside them and proceeds to turn the wrong way down University St with a red light, LEO didn't even flinch and continued their conversations while all of us yelled and pointed lmao. After staring at us for a while LEO took off the same direction but in the correct lane, unknown if the drunk dumbass got caught

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                    I used to work in San Antonio, used to drive down IH 10 east to get there. I worked at a dealer right on the corner of IH 10 and WW White. There is a McDonalds actually directly on that corner, the dealer is behind McDonalds, or was. One morning there was what seemed to be homeless guy sleeping in the grass out in front of McDonalds. Saw him going to work, got to work went on about four test drives that morning. Every time the guy was laying in the same spot, at one point, I was sure he had rolled over. I swear he was facing one way at one point, then another direction later in the morning. Then by 10:00 to 10:30 AM, there was a SAPD car there and a yellow tarp on top of the guy. Guess he was not sleeping. What's bad, is there are a lot of people that walk around that area every day all day. I would bet 30 people walked past him, from when I first saw him.

Around the same point in time, one morning on the way to work, there were clothes and other crap scattered all over IH 10, right at the WW White exit, then an 18 wheeler pulled over, with his lights flashing. where IH 10 goes over WW White. About the time I was pulling in the dealership, a few minutes later. There was report on the radio, that a woman had be hit on IH 10 and WW White. I thought that's not good. Then about an hour or two later, they reported on the pedestrian that was hit. Well, turns out they picked up enough pieces of the person off of the highway to determine it was not a she, it was a drag queen. They gave enough info in the report, that it was obvious that the person was scattered all over the highway along with his belongings. Driving along there was so much stuff scattered on the highway, you really could not tell what was what, other than clothes scattered.

Those are two I remember, I know I have seen a lot more crazy stuff over the years, with all the miles I drive.
                    Every time I pass WW White coming into San Antonio from Houston I want to head over to Big Lou's Burger. They got some good eats.

Comment

Originally posted by StickFlinger View Post
                      I wasn't driving but one night at Northgate in college station my friends and I were leaving the bar waiting to cross the street. There was a LEO in a car talking to a bike LEO beside us. A car pulls up beside them and proceeds to turn the wrong way down University St with a red light, LEO didn't even flinch and continued their conversations while all of us yelled and pointed lmao. After staring at us for a while LEO took off the same direction but in the correct lane, unknown if the drunk dumbass got caught
                      This post reminded me of another one. Me and a group of guys were bar hopping down veterans memorial in Harker heights when a group right next us started to argue. One guy pulled a gun and shoots another guy. He was shot in the arm but was able to take the gun from the guy and proceeded to beat the breaks off of em.

Comment

Seen a homeless dude buck naked walking down street in downtown FTW. Couldn’t believe what I saw!

Comment

Speaking of side of the road stuff. Does anyone know anything about that big metal snake looking monster on the side of the road in the grass about 5 miles South of Lampasas on 183? Or who owns it? Things been there longer than I can remember.

Comment

Saw a guy beating his girl friend on the side of the road. Pulled over and went to stop him. He commenced to beat me then which gave her a chance to get away and hide. He was tougher than he looked.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                              Speaking of side of the road stuff. Does anyone know anything about that big metal snake looking monster on the side of the road in the grass about 5 miles South of Lampasas on 183? Or who owns it? Things been there longer than I can remember.
                              No clue but I always look for it.

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
                                Every time I pass WW White coming into San Antonio from Houston I want to head over to Big Lou's Burger. They got some good eats.
                                I forgot about that place, yep good food.

Comment

Working...
                                X