No announcement yet.

Haas' Weight Loss Accountability Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look at Sota weight loss, i know they are out of DFW area but they may have the program available over phone / online. my little brother is about your size and he shed 50 lbs. i have heard of some shedding 100+ lbs. mainly about healthy diet and exercise but from what i hear its not like other diet programs and not as intense. may cost a bit but its proven to work if you have the grit.

Our supportive team is here to help you. The highly effective SOTA Weightloss® method is a safe, fast and exciting program that is rewarding, encouraging, uplifting and empowering, as you make the decision to take the “bull by the horns” for your personal transformation. SOTA staff have walked in your shoes with weight loss and […]

Comment

Way to go Haas!! You go this. Semper Fi

Comment

One day at a time, get it! 22 pounds down here just counting macros and working out 5-6 days a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Mbbriggs05 View Post
          I am on the same journey. I will be 40 in 5 months and set a goal to drop 40lbs before my 40th birthday. It has been a struggle to say the least. I can no longer lose weight by diet alone and finding time for exercise has proven to be difficult. We have 9 kiddos and both of us work full time. I look forward to following along on this journey. Good luck man!
          9 kids.. Both parents full time workin..

I bet y’all are in good shape already!

Comment

Well I turn 50 this year. I am 5'9 and weighed 192. Thats the heaviest I've ever been. I started the intermittent fasting. Fast for 16 hrs then you have a 6 hour window to eat. I've lost 17 lbs in a month and a half with no excercise. I've also done many 24 hour fasts. Its really not hard at all. Just set your mind to it.

Comment

I appreciate all the support yall! It will definitely be a journey and a challenge. I have been around this weight for almost 7 years now and over 250 for more than 20. I definitely need to change some things.

Today, y'all have my word that I will make the right choices that help in my weightloss journey! Can I get an Amen?!

Comment

Good luck Haas. I just hired the nutrition coach my wife used to help wife her lifestyle charge. She had good success getting to he target weight and staying there. I'm to a good start. Eating more than I use too but dropping pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenZ View Post
                  9 kids.. Both parents full time workin..

I bet y’all are in good shape already!
                  I wish that were the case! We aren't terrible but not where we would like to be. Dropping 40 will get me back to my prime from around my early 20's

Comment

Much encouragement here Haas. Several years ago I was 364# at 6’2”. I’m now 270 and can almost whip a 6th grader…….., but I’m 75, so there’s that. You just have to cut down the intake. Diets are fine I guess, but all I did was stop eating so much and cut out cheeseburgers , fries, etc. I had long covid and a heart attack, but I don’t recommend that route. I lost my appetite so it was easy not to eat. Regardless, the result was the same. Eat much less, lose the weight. You will feel better when you have to buy new clothes !

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                      Much encouragement here Haas. Several years ago I was 364# at 6’2”. I’m now 270 and can almost whip a 6th grader…….., but I’m 75, so there’s that. You just have to cut down the intake. Diets are fine I guess, but all I did was stop eating so much and cut out cheeseburgers , fries, etc. I had long covid and a heart attack, but I don’t recommend that route. I lost my appetite so it was easy not to eat. Regardless, the result was the same. Eat much less, lose the weight. You will feel better when you have to buy new clothes !
                      It's funny you mention the new clothes.. I have kept a pair of "skinny" jeans around for many years. Once I can get in those, I will donte my whole dang wardrobe!!! haha!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTealHunter View Post
                        Look at Sota weight loss, i know they are out of DFW area but they may have the program available over phone / online. my little brother is about your size and he shed 50 lbs. i have heard of some shedding 100+ lbs. mainly about healthy diet and exercise but from what i hear its not like other diet programs and not as intense. may cost a bit but its proven to work if you have the grit.

https://www.sotaweightloss.com/locations/
                        The program does work, but when I looked into the home program it was around $1250 a month.

Comment

Day 3: Yesterday was pretty good. I got the dang sweets craving pretty bad and supplemented with strawberries and a coke zero. I know Coke zeros aren't great but it wasn't sugary.

Today I promise to make the right choices to aide in my weightloss journey!

I will weigh in on weekly so next Wednesday will be Week 1 weigh in!.

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
                            Day 3: Yesterday was pretty good. I got the dang sweets craving pretty bad and supplemented with strawberries and a coke zero. I know Coke zeros aren't great but it wasn't sugary.

Today I promise to make the right choices to aide in my weightloss journey!

I will weigh in on weekly so next Wednesday will be Week 1 weigh in!.

I rather have sugar than the aspartame that is in Coke Zero. If you’re serious about health you aren’t touching a Coke or a Coke Zero

Comment

Stay strong Haas. Remember that you are motivating others by your positive actions. Myself included.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                                You may want to look into this program - https://www.fitfatherproject.com/

One of the things I've been most impressed with is the Facebook group I got invited to join after I got my membership. I've gotten the type of support you mentioned with the group that helped you kick the dip habbit.

I joined it in 2020 just before the dang flatten the curve happened. I did not have the wearwithall to go buy weights and my gym shut down like every other gym.

Looks like the price has gone up from when I joined, but they do offer or at least did offer a money back garuntee.

Get Your FREE Meal Plan & Workout and Join 22,072 Guys 40+ in 98 Countries that are Getting Results with the Fit Father Project.

I've just started back up and went from 315 to 300. I'm pushing hard this month to drop another 15 to 20 pounds.

My biggest challenge is dinner. Wife continues to cook with pasta and rice, which I do eat. I just take the smallest portion I can get away with and enjoy the meail. Breakfast and lunch totally in my control and doing great.

In fact, just got my protein powder dlivered this morning, so that shake will be lunch.
                                This is the real deal here!

Comment

Working...
                                X