Haas' Weight Loss Accountability Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
    Yall are right... I fell off and am just too embarrassed to admit it. I'm not making excuses, I just fell off. I wish I could be as committed and dedicated to those who are bashing. I can say life factors are getting in the way but y'all would see it as a fat guy looking to justify why he quit trying.

If fasting and being more active aren't lifestyle changes, then let me know what is. Eating healthy? I can do that. Working out? Thats part of being more active. What am I missing? Not trying to sound angry or looking for a pity party. I know I have to do something but what that is, I don't know.
    I wouldn't listen to anyone lecturing you. We all fall down. That doesn't matter. It's how we get back up that counts. Now go get after it.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
      Well are you really healthier if you are still living and eating the types of food you did when you were overweight?

Yes you took the weight off, but internally things are fairly the same unless your lifestyle and eating has changed.

Back to to testicular fortitude mentioned above.
      Yep I am. It's a reset button and helps and forces a life style change. Working out 3 days a week, running 8minute miles right now and off all meds. Thanks for asking

Comment

Fasting is never going to work long term.

Make a lifestyle change to eat clean, unprocessed food. You don't need to starve yourself but you need to step away from putting junk food in your body.

And if you are just eating clean but not exercising or just exercising and not eating clean, then you're setting yourself up for failure.

Read the book Atomic Habits asap

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
          Fasting is never going to work long term.

Make a lifestyle change to eat clean, unprocessed food. You don't need to starve yourself but you need to step away from putting junk food in your body.

And if you are just eating clean but not exercising or just exercising and not eating clean, then you're setting yourself up for failure.
          Eating clean and moderate exercise just plain works. In 5.5 months I'm down to 170 from a high of 205. Lots of ground venison, beef, chicken.... veggies at most meals... low to moderately low carbs. I eat until I'm full and am never hungry. Exercise is a simple 20-30 minute HIIT youtube video. I use Team Body Project. It's free. Lastly, upper body strength training - 3 sets of 3 lifts for 3 days a week. I absolutely DREADED the workouts for about a week or so. After a couple of weeks it's just second nature.

If you have time, check out a few of Dr. Jason Fung's lectures on youtube. He's big on reducing insulin spikes (yo, science).

Comment

Stay after it Haas! There will be setbacks and that's ok. You are a great motivator to all of us keeping up with your progress.

Comment

Good Morning Y'all!!! Back at it this beautiful Monday! Going to call it day 9 because Sat/Sun weren't so good. The thrashing I will give myself in the gym will make me regret it for sure...

Day 9: Today I promise to do what is needed to help me achieve my weight loss goals!!!

Hope each of yall have a blessed Monday and an even more blessed week!
              I wish you the best of luck sir. I've been fighting this battle for most of my adult life, and it's a battle that you never really win, you just get some control and attempt to keep that control for long periods of time. I tried to exercise my way out of it to no avail. I tried to diet my way out of it, with some success, but, inevitably something will happen to set you back, and it's always far easier and faster putting the weight back on than it was to take it off. IMHO, you have to diet and exercise, because neither one by itself is sustainable. You also have to be willing to admit failure when it happens and jump back on the horse that you don't enjoy riding when it happens. Even though I know the solutions, implementing them is, and will always be a struggle. Keep up the fight.

Comment

We're closing in on the 1 year mark of this committment and just haven't seen the accountabliity you asked for. I hope you are keeping on making progress and not excuses.

Hogboy

I am starting this weight loss venture at a bulk of 338#'s @ 6'2". I will get chest/arm/waist measurements later this evening. My plan is to check in everyday and make a promise to God/my family/the TBH brother hood/ and anyone else who cares or doesn't, that I will make the right food choices, that I will do something active, that I will keep on keeping on.

Comment

Working...
                X