Rotator Cuff Surgery Elk hut in 17 weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mud Shark View Post
    you can do it! Just be diligent with rehab and do what the doctors say, plus a little bit more. Not over doing it is going to be your challenge.
    I was back shooting shotguns within about 10 weeks after mine.
    best of luck!

Why do a little more than what your doctor tells you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I spent 10 months in rehab, complete rotator cuff tear, torn the long head of the bicep off and removed for ever, repaired tendons and ligaments, removed bone spur and shaved shoulder bone down. Not gonna lie it was painful, kicked the pain meds on the 8th day and fought through it. Listen to your body and do your rehab at home and with the therapist. After 5 months I went to Wyoming carrying a 50 lb backpack on a week long fishing trip in Wind River national forest. Life is good now

Comment

Thanks for all the good info, and encouragement. Today has been a good day feel like I made some progress from last week. They have me pulling a 20lb bands on my bow drawing motion. I have 8 weeks to go before the hunt. I will start shooting 45lbs Aug 10th and plan on being 60lbs by Sept 1st, Hunt starts Sept 15th

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
          Thanks for all the good info, and encouragement. Today has been a good day feel like I made some progress from last week. They have me pulling a 20lb bands on my bow drawing motion. I have 8 weeks to go before the hunt. I will start shooting 45lbs Aug 10th and plan on being 60lbs by Sept 1st, Hunt starts Sept 15th

How is the physical therapy going? How are you feeling?

I get to…

Comment

Praying for you my friend

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

So I've been dealing with sharp pain in my right shoulder for 4 weeks now after stretching out on a dive back to second base in a softball game. Lateral lifting of the shoulder is where the pain in greatest. Does this sound like a rotator cuff issue? Tried drawing my bow back twice now and couldnt do it.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                So I've been dealing with sharp pain in my right shoulder for 4 weeks now after stretching out on a dive back to second base in a softball game. Lateral lifting of the shoulder is where the pain in greatest. Does this sound like a rotator cuff issue? Tried drawing my bow back twice now and couldnt do it.
                Could be your Labrum. I tore mine senior year of HS. I elected to not have surgery because I would have missed my last year of baseball. It is never going to be right but it does get better. If I try to throw a baseball or softball as hard as I can, I still get pain but I can throw probably 70% now and still do almost anything I ever wanted to do. If I throw a punch with my right hand though, as soon as I hit whatever it is, I have SUPER intense pain and will be in pain for weeks. So no boxing for me. Other then that, I have really not been impaired by it too much in day to day life.

Comment

Originally posted by Duzy View Post
                  How is the physical therapy going? How are you feeling?

I get to…
                  Slow and steady. I still have pain most days but its getting better every week. Thank you for asking! Good news is, I am now able to shoot my bow set at 45lbs. I am only shooting 10 shots every other day and I believe that I will be shooting 60lbs by sept 1st. This surgery is hard mentally and physically. Yall take care of your shoulders.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                    Praying for you my friend

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                    Tank you ole buddy! I can always count on you Pat.

Comment

Slow and steady. I still have pain most days but its getting better every week. Thank you for asking! Good news is, I am now able to shoot my bow set at 45lbs. I am only shooting 10 shots every other day and I believe that I will be shooting 60lbs by sept 1st. This surgery is hard mentally and physically. Yall take care of your shoulders.

Im glad it’s going well. I’m having my right rotator done on August 2nd.

I get to…

Comment

Do you have any pointers to give?

I get to…

Comment

So the doc bumped up you shooting your bow from Aug 10th?

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                            So the doc bumped up you shooting your bow from Aug 10th?

Yes, He said slow and easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Duzy View Post
                              Do you have any pointers to give?

I get to…
                              I think PT as soon as possible is the key. Get on it asap after surgery.

Comment

Yes, He said slow and easy.

You should have no problem being ready to hunt now. Well done. [emoji106]

Comment

Working...
                                X