Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Rotator Cuff Surgery Elk hut in 17 weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes,
    I had my left rotator cuff (supraspinatus and bicep tendon reposition) repaired at age 50 and it took me 3 mos to return to 100%. My right shoulder had the same repair done at age 53 and it took about 10 weeks to return to 100%. After the last surgery I was in therapy 2 days after the surgery and only used a total of about 6-8 Norco pills for pain, then ibuprofen after that. I was out of the sling in no more than 3 weeks and I was adjusting patient's low backs, which is the most stress on the shoulders after the 10 weeks. The right surgeon and therapy will really help.

The longer the doctor has you wait for therapy to begin, the longer it takes to recover.

Comment

Originally posted by flyin7 View Post
      Yes,
      I had my left rotator cuff (supraspinatus and bicep tendon reposition) repaired at age 50 and it took me 3 mos to return to 100%. My right shoulder had the same repair done at age 53 and it took about 10 weeks to return to 100%. After the last surgery I was in therapy 2 days after the surgery and only used a total of about 6-8 Norco pills for pain, then ibuprofen after that. I was out of the sling in no more than 3 weeks and I was adjusting patient's low backs, which is the most stress on the shoulders after the 10 weeks. The right surgeon and therapy will really help.

The longer the doctor has you wait for therapy to begin, the longer it takes to recover.
      I still have a long way to go before im 100%, I think I still have several months before Im 100%. PT asap after surgery is key, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
        Do you guys think I will be 100% by sept 15th. Any info to help me recover quickly would be greatly appreciated.

Are you ready?

I get to…

Comment

did you leave to hunt at just pulling 50lbs?

Comment

Working...
          X