No announcement yet.

Rotator Cuff Surgery Elk hut in 17 weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 week update, PT says ROM is excellent! I can raise my arm and go through the motions of drawing my bow without pain. I still have pain at night that keeps me awake, but everyone says thats normal. I am doing PT 2 times a week. Our plans are start working on drawing bow after week 12.

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
      3 week update, PT says ROM is excellent! I can raise my arm and go through the motions of drawing my bow without pain. I still have pain at night that keeps me awake, but everyone says thats normal. I am doing PT 2 times a week. Our plans are start working on drawing bow after week 12.
      Im pulling for ya! Are you doing PT 2x per week or did you mean going to PT 2x week and doing exercises at home the other 5 days?

Comment

Best of luck. I have surgery planned this year.

I get to…

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
          Im pulling for ya! Are you doing PT 2x per week or did you mean going to PT 2x week and doing exercises at home the other 5 days?
          going to PT twice a week. exercising everyday of the week.

Comment

going to PT twice a week. exercising everyday of the week.
            Keep going strong, I have do doubt you will be ready. Good Luck

Comment

Sounds like you got this under control. Good luck.

Comment

Keep it up. Glad everything is progressing well.

Comment

Take it easy my friend

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                    Take it easy my friend

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                    Im only gonna do what the PT tells me to do.

Comment

well its been 6 weeks, PT says ROM is very good and I should be ready to start shooting my bow on week 12. I thought it was going to be painful, but HOLY CRAP, when does this pain go away?

Comment

well its been 6 weeks, PT says ROM is very good and I should be ready to start shooting my bow on week 12. I thought it was going to be painful, but HOLY CRAP, when does this pain go away?

You will find unwanted scar tissue for years to come, but not bad, just gotta get through the 1st 6 months of not letting up on rehab.

Comment

Im pulling for ya! I am shocked they are going to let you start shooting your bow at 12 weeks. Medical improvements really are something. Im 9 years out from my last shoulder surgery. As far as the pain goes, you should start seeing a difference in that soon. The pain really starts going away when you get to active motion and strength training. I'll be honest it was a full year basically before I felt nothing in my shoulder like most of the surgeries Ive had.

Comment

6.5 months out of mine and I'm probably back to about 90% now. Almost no pain except when I try lifting something really heavy above shoulder height or when I really overdo any strenuous actives with my shoulders for extended periods, such as fishing from a kayak all day where I'm using my shoulder a lot casting. Even then the pain is minimal and a couple of ibuprofen will knock it out. Like others have said, don't let up on the PT.
                            I can even reach and scratch the middle of my back!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

you can do it! Just be diligent with rehab and do what the doctors say, plus a little bit more. Not over doing it is going to be your challenge.
                              I was back shooting shotguns within about 10 weeks after mine.
                              best of luck!

Comment

Not a chance in hell. . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X