No announcement yet.

Rotator Cuff Surgery Elk hut in 17 weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations on your healing. Keep working that shoulder, you’ll be ready to go.
    I went thru PT recently with my shoulder. I was skeptical at first. How are they gonna help me ? Well, after six weeks, I was a believer. My therapist told me I wasn’t a candidate for surgery. I told him, I know, that’s why I’m here. It works . Keep up the hard work. You’ll be in the field soon.

Comment

Had an extensive labrum repair at 17 (football injury) with 5 anchors and bone work - had to open me up for that one.

Tore my rotator in same shoulder in Jan '22 and have my surgery to repair that on Monday laproscopically - also inspect previous repair and do some clean up as needed. Not looking forward to it but really hope it's not as bad as my first. Now with a very active 3 year old...my wife's going to be counting the days.

Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Truth

Originally posted by jwo View Post
        It will take you 2 years to get back to 75 %
        *****, whine, complain, or cuss. Still takes 2 years to recover

Comment

Originally posted by Tejas Wildlife View Post
          *****, whine, complain, or cuss. Still takes 2 years to recover
          so long If can shoot my bow come Sept 15th Im ok with 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by smokeless View Post
            Congratulations on your healing. Keep working that shoulder, you’ll be ready to go.
            I went thru PT recently with my shoulder. I was skeptical at first. How are they gonna help me ? Well, after six weeks, I was a believer. My therapist told me I wasn’t a candidate for surgery. I told him, I know, that’s why I’m here. It works . Keep up the hard work. You’ll be in the field soon.
            Thank you for all the encouraging words. I would listen to everything my PT says, I would not be where im at without them. She told me when I started, If I do what they tell me, I will be ready for the hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Duzy View Post
              Do you have any pointers to give?

I get to…
              Follow whatever the Doc tells you to do for a full recovery, EVERYTHING even if you do not like it!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                Follow whatever the Doc tells you to do for a full recovery, EVERYTHING even if you do not like it!
                I agree, I would hate to have to do this again.

Comment

Update, This rotator cuff surgery sucks! One day i feel like i am making good progress and the next day it hurts like hell. The good news is it has not effected my range of motion drawing my bow, however, I still cant lift my hand over my head. I shot a dozen shots yesterday and it feels really good this morning. I am still shooting 45lbs but i feel like I will have no issues adding more weight later. I talked my my buddies that live in Luna NM, they said everything is green and the elk are looking really good. They have had rain almost everyday for the past Month. So if any of you guys are hunting the Gila, it should be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
                    Update, This rotator cuff surgery sucks! One day i feel like i am making good progress and the next day it hurts like hell. The good news is it has not effected my range of motion drawing my bow, however, I still cant lift my hand over my head. I shot a dozen shots yesterday and it feels really good this morning. I am still shooting 45lbs but i feel like I will have no issues adding more weight later. I talked my my buddies that live in Luna NM, they said everything is green and the elk are looking really good. They have had rain almost everyday for the past Month. So if any of you guys are hunting the Gila, it should be awesome.
                    Do more of the wall climb ( spider ) exercises.
                    The one where you face the wall with toes about 12"s away, use your fingers to progress up the wall like a spider until it gets to painful.

Comment

Update on the shoulder, I am now shooting 50lbs without any pain at all with 6 weeks to go before the hunt. Pat had to remind me today its doing so well because all the prayers you guys have said for me. Thank yall SO MUCH for all the prayers, I know i woudnt be this far alone without them!!!

Comment

Awesome news Pernell! Great recovery.

Comment

Hell yeah

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

That's great news. Good luck on your hunt.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Comment

Now I have to do my part and kill a giant! Thanks Pat, and Curt!

Comment

My Doc had me put together a pulley system that was above my height that would help me put my hand in a rope loop and pulling on the other end of the rope that was thru the pulley. Pulled my hand/arm up with it to my side straight out, straight out in front ofme and then just straight up from my side. Helped with range of motion tremendously.

Comment

Working...
                                X