No announcement yet.

Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sooner or later the price of fuel will cause people to limit consumption. It hasn't happened yet if you look at the roads and the volume of traffic.

After almost 30 years in the refining business I still remember what an "old-timer" once told me a long time ago, "the only cure for high price fuel, is high price fuel".

Once people are maxed out and only travel for necessity's the fuel will price will drop. That is if the government will let it. If they continue on with this attitude and hostile business environment it will last for the duration. The oil businesses are simply not willing to risk millions for expansion when the current government has already said their goal is to eliminate them and their fuel. If big oil spent the money to make this bubble go away and the price comes down(it would take time), how long do you think it would be for these idiots to attack the evil oil company's again? It simply isn't worth the risk when the ROCE could disappear with the stroke of a pen. I hate it but I can't blame them.

Comment

Due to the price of just about everything going up WAY more than the official rate of inflation, there are a lot of people that are starting to rely on credit cards for their day to day expenses. This is reflected in a recent sharp increase in credit card debt. The savings rate for average Americans has also decreased. So people are using their savings and credit cards for everyday expenses like food and fuel. Subscription services have already taken a massive blow and retail stores like Amazon and Walmart have already announced layoffs coming.

This is not sustainable.

Comment

U.S. is going through a "transition phase" away from fossil fuels and into electric. Per Bidens speech last week.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
          Due to the price of just about everything going up WAY more than the official rate of inflation, there are a lot of people that are starting to rely on credit cards for their day to day expenses. This is reflected in a recent sharp increase in credit card debt. The savings rate for average Americans has also decreased. So people are using their savings and credit cards for everyday expenses like food and fuel. Subscription services have already taken a massive blow and retail stores like Amazon and Walmart have already announced layoffs coming.

This is not sustainable.
          If folks are having to use credit and savings for day to day things, they are living well beyond their means. Time to sell the F250 and wakeboard boat.

Comment

We rode from Sweeny, TX to Orange Beach, AL Friday. I’ve never seen traffic that light on I-10. I recently bought me a Honda Civic for commuting, we took it on this trip. Averaged 41mpg, one fill up between here and our house. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
              U.S. is going through a "transition phase" away from fossil fuels and into electric. Per Bidens speech last week.
              Funny how that works when commodity pricing is manipulated.

Comment

Fjb

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                  Fjb
                  Man i love your consistency!

Comment

Funny, people still passing me in diesel trucks going 80+
                    Those F250’s and the like must get better mileage the faster they go

Comment

I hate the high gas prices as much as anyone but we had a lady come into work the other day who drives a whopping 10 miles to work, parks her car all day, then drives home.
                      She came in bitchin to a bunch of guys whose pickups run ALL DAY, EVERY DAY of the work week.
                      I had to tell her that she needs to stop screaming about high prices……at least put your $17 per gallon coffee down first

Comment

Originally posted by K. Lane View Post
                        I hate the high gas prices as much as anyone but we had a lady come into work the other day who drives a whopping 10 miles to work, parks her car all day, then drives home.
                        She came in bitchin to a bunch of guys whose pickups run ALL DAY, EVERY DAY of the work week.
                        I had to tell her that she needs to stop screaming about high prices……at least put your $17 per gallon coffee down first

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s too expensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Jumped nearly 40 cents overnight here. *** man

Comment

Diesel now at 4.99 in Goldthwaite.

Comment

Not looking forward to paying the fuel bill when we drag our travel trailer to NM next month for vacation, but looking forward to the down time. Planning on $1000 for the trip in fuel.

Comment

Working...
                                X