No announcement yet.

wind turbines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to hunt mule deer in Van Horn. The LOs husband worked at the wind mills in the Van Horn mountains 25 years ago. I heard they tore them down.

Comment

Once they hydro mulch the ground around them deer will be all over the tender green stuff coming up just like a green wheat field. After a few days the deer pay no attention to them whooping. Plus the noise will mask your movement inside the blind. Been hunting them for years in Sterling county and the roads they build make it easier to get around on 5500 acres. They are ugly but I don't have to live out there and they don't hurt the deer or hunting one bit.

Comment

There is one of those big round Doppler radar units fairly close to us that I understand is used by Dyess AFB. Don’t know if it’s true but several people on our county road
        say that keeps us free of wind turbines because they would interfere. I hope that is the case

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
          Live in Harlingen, but hunt in Willacy. They’re everywhere now.

The lease I have is in Santa Monica and they’re all over now. We own some west of Raymondville and I hope they do not make it out that way.
          I haven’t seen any plans to make more west of Raymondville but I have seen a plan for about 40 near lyford area. There’s this high fenced ranch in Santa Monica next to the towers I worked on and I would always see huge nilgai and deer on the fence line. I’ve always wanted to ask somebody about it but never saw anyone there.

Comment

Going up all around us. They just put a rock pit on our fenceline to quarry gravel for the dang things. Hate them with a passion.

Comment

Yep they suck, we left our last lease of 18 years to them. Found a good place and now after 5 years **** solar farm. They are going to clear thousands of acres for this crap.

Comment

10k a year per turbine

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post

If they are so lucrative why does it take government subsidies to fund them??

For the same exact reason the govt subsidizes oil, gas, and coal. Making rich folks richer.

Comment

Originally posted by eastover53 View Post
                    For the same exact reason the govt subsidizes oil, gas, and coal. Making rich folks richer.
                    As unfortunate as it is (unless you’re the rich one getting richer) you have hit the nail on the head.

Comment

[QUOTE=imyomama;16014440]right , just wait ... step 2 of the plan is to double the cost of electricity .. here they currently have to pay to put energy into the grid .. they make negative money . not only that but they also use electricity to turn into the wind to adjust pitch, to run the lubrication , to keep them from freezing ...

they are made in china, and the company that installs them is in spain. "

Not sure why you threw in the "made in China" since DJI (your drone) is a Chinese company.

I might trade; a rock quarry moved in across from us and over the last few years have built a 250ft tall, very large, mound of rock AND imported a few dozen (illegal?) workers who shoot up all the deer that they see, so, yeah, I'd probably trade all that for a windmill.

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTIN HARD View Post
                        Yep they suck, we left our last lease of 18 years to them. Found a good place and now after 5 years **** solar farm. They are going to clear thousands of acres for this crap.
                        Are they really putting a solar farm on that property? I guess you can always come back to the Roche.

Comment

Originally posted by eastover53 View Post
                          Show us where oil gets free money.

Comment

I can count at least 70 from my front porch in Mills county. It's a shame!

Comment

Wind, solar, high speed rails…. Don’t like any of it at all.

Solar is the worst I have seen so far. They cleared off almost 3k acres of wildlife habitat down the road and now it’s lost, probably forever.

Comment

Our lease is 8000 acres and if we loose it. It will all be covered with solar panels. All the habitat and wildlife will be gone forever. And the people who live around the land will have to see it every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X