No announcement yet.

wind turbines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They bother me more at night drinking on the porch. Looks like an alien invasion with all the blinking red lights! Have they taken any old ones down anywhere yet or are they too new? What happens to that big mess when it’s all over? Some of the Oklahoma wind farms seem to have more and more not spinning every year and they’re just sitting there?

Comment

Its not 5k per turbine. If it is, fire your lawyer

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
        Those pieces of junk sure have screwed up some beautiful sky lines across this state..
        If they are so lucrative why does it take government subsidies to fund them??
        right , just wait ... step 2 of the plan is to double the cost of electricity .. here they currently have to pay to put energy into the grid .. they make negative money . not only that but they also use electricity to turn into the wind to adjust pitch, to run the lubrication , to keep them from freezing ...

they are made in china, and the company that installs them is in spain.

they have no answers for the miles of busted blades they should be grinding .. they just stack them out outside sweetwater in giant landfills .

my dad was without power for a week last february in Comanche , there is a wind farm right out of town .. not one of them was turning ..

typical democrat solutions ... sound good.. don't work!

kinda like electric cars ... sounds good except it takes fossil fuels to make them , they have no solution whatsoever for the batteries disposals ..
        and the pollution created to generate the power to charge them is greater than the pollution created by the gasoline car it replaces. then you can forget fixing one yourself , or at local mechanic for that matter, and eventually the batteries will no longer hold original capacity and will need to be constantly recharged or the batteries replaced. and you think the batteries now catch fire and explode , just wait till they come up with higher capacity batteries and they get punctured ... the energy has to go somewhere ... not to mention the hazards firemen have to deal with to put electrical fires out .. and the fumes..

but look who's getting rich in the process.... and what a coincidence we just pulled out of a country with the largest lithium supply in the world ?

ok..STOP now i'm ranting! ...

Comment

They are popping up everywhere in Mills Cnty. I am surprised they have contacted us. If it were my decision I would tell them to go pound sand. But mom and dad make that call. And I don't know what the the dollar amount would have to be but It would have to be high for them to do it

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
            X2

They’re making that up to give another reason to hate them.
            yep, most people who think they are great live nowhere close to them and have no skin in that game ..

they have to do a habitat survey on each site before they put a turbine in .. then they have to relocate the nests of all the species that will be affected and destroyed ...

they dozed the area a week before the wildlife biologist showed up ... she was ****** ... they don't care ...

i guess my bird hunting average is gonna go up though .. all i gotta do is just sit and watch as a flock goes by and gets whacked .. then just go pick them up like pecans ...

i'd expect a big impact on migratory birds over time ...

Comment

Those pieces of junk sure have screwed up some beautiful sky lines across this state..
              It’s the other way around, they are so lucrative BECAUSE the government subsidizes them.

Comment

This is the view from my back porch now. Bought the house in 2017 and there wasn’t a single one.

Now at nights, can see hundreds of lights in the distance.
                Attached Files

Comment

City people don’t care about my land values. I hate looking at the eyesores. can’t imagine this state’s horizons in few years when they are abandoned.

None my county. Period

But I can see a bunch in Comanche county from my porch.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                    It’s the other way around, they are so lucrative BECAUSE the government subsidizes them.
                    AHH

Comment

I freakin hate them. That is all

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                        X2

They’re making that up to give another reason to hate them.
                        You have land in Willacy Co right? I used to work on those, there’s around 600+ out there.

Comment

Originally posted by STX_Shooter View Post
                          You have land in Willacy Co right? I used to work on those, there’s around 600+ out there.
                          Live in Harlingen, but hunt in Willacy. They’re everywhere now.

The lease I have is in Santa Monica and they’re all over now. We own some west of Raymondville and I hope they do not make it out that way.

Comment

Just curious… anybody first hand know of any of these that have fell in the last 5 years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                              City people don’t care about my land values. I hate looking at the eyesores. can’t imagine this state’s horizons in few years when they are abandoned.

None my county. Period

But I can see a bunch in Comanche county from my porch.
                              Yea they make me nauseous looking at them.. I cant imagine how sick I would be if I owned property and these popped up next door..
                              I have had my hunting lease, outside of Brady, leased for 22 years and I find out last year that one of these wind mill companies has contacted my LO about putting 5 on or lease...
                              Im sure hoping nothing becomes of this.. I basically begged him not to do it.. It is such a beautiful piece of ground... Will shall see. If it happens I am gone and that will be a VERY sad day..

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                                yep, most people who think they are great live nowhere close to them and have no skin in that game ..

they have to do a habitat survey on each site before they put a turbine in .. then they have to relocate the nests of all the species that will be affected and destroyed ...

they dozed the area a week before the wildlife biologist showed up ... she was ****** ... they don't care ...

i guess my bird hunting average is gonna go up though .. all i gotta do is just sit and watch as a flock goes by and gets whacked .. then just go pick them up like pecans ...

i'd expect a big impact on migratory birds over time ...
                                This might be the reason we don't have any or been approached. Our West property line is on the Colorado River (approx 1.25 mile) and It is very common to see Bald Eagles up and down the river. We have seen them Resting in some of the big trees on our big lake.

Comment

Working...
                                X