• Show
Clear All

Man I need to go hunt with Jack lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
      Man I need to go hunt with Jack lol

All those boys are long gone, it's been rough goin the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
        Ouch. This thread is kind of depressing!
        No kidding. I was just getting over it. Now all the pain is back. It doesn't help to talk about it.

Comment

The Wide Dude- 2013 the night before bow season opened our new biologist passed down that we were to kill 8pts or less for the season while he got to know the ranch. Of course I could have taken him opening weekend and a few other times thruout the season. His sheds were found that summer but I never got another pic or sighting of him.

Ole Cactus Head- 2019 My 16yo had this buck feed while facing him for over an hour. No shot op. He was sitting on a hand corn spot about 100 yards from me. The buck came to me at the feeder but never made it to my shooting lane. He eventually ended back up with my son and never gave him a shot before leaving our lives forever. He was nocturnal the rest of the season and moved further north after the rut. Had pics of him until after season then he just disappeared.
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice thread.

Comment

a couple
              Attached Files

Comment

Wasn't gone score big but loved the shape of his rack and he was probably 225 live weight!

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

There are some monsters on here. Not in the same category, but…

I passed on this buck. First year on the place - wife had already shot a nice 148” 10. Wide doesn’t get me going, and I couldn’t figure out how old he was. I knew if he was 22” wide 3 year old when he hit the ground I would be sick! Also, a young kid was hunting about 3/4 mile north of me. He was working that way - I thought it might work out for him.

He stayed at the feeder about 30 minutes. I had my safety off twice, but never pulled the trigger. Pulled the card after the hunt, studied the pictures, and instantly got nauseous.

We never saw him again… oh, well.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                    Good. Ness. Any story on him or what happened?
                    Nice catch that you’re seeing the same deer.

I never saw him in person. Never went to a feeder(wasn’t expecting him to) and don’t know of anyone killing him. I’d get these pics about once a year (except when he had the long two and brow only on that right side). That year he lived in one of my food plots but I couldn’t hunt him because I’d already killed a deer in that one buck county. He was a mystery.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post

I never saw him in person. Never went to a feeder(wasn’t expecting him to) and don’t know of anyone killing him. I’d get these pics about once a year (except when he had the long two and brow only on that right side). That year he lived in one of my food plots but I couldn’t hunt him because I’d already killed a deer in that one buck county. He was a mystery.
                      Were those pics in chronological order? It's weird that he went to that funky side one year then back to somewhat normal. Really cool deer

Comment

I've had a few, one was a monster 150" 8 pt up in the panhandle. Watched him breed a dow and hunker down about 200 yds other side of neighbors fence. Never saw him again....

8 years go, first year on new lease I let this deer below walk. "Big Sexy" was never seen again and I have regretted it every single day since. I was the new guy and couldnt get a text out to members for a green light to shoot. The second picture if his offspring from two years ago that we killed as a 170" main frame 10 littered with junk.

ac
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                          Were those pics in chronological order? It's weird that he went to that funky side one year then back to somewhat normal. Really cool deer
                          Crazy. We have had a couple that grew weird long spikes or forks one one side one year then back to normal the next, both were thought to be 7-8yo or older.

Comment

Some awesome bucks in this thread... I have one that haunts me to this day... He was at my set morning and evening daily from July til Sept. 21... Never saw him again... A buddy killed him over 3 miles away Thanksgiving day...

Click image for larger version

Name:	CDY_0215.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	24665774

Name:	CDY_0697.jpg
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	24665775

Name:	CDY_0712.jpg
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	24665776

Name:	CDY_0776.jpg
Size:	157.3 KB
ID:	24665777

Comment

I would post them all but there's not enough bandwidth.

Comment

This a deer we named Holyfield. It was our first year on the place, and we didn’t want to make a mistake. Let him walk multiple times, then he disappeared around March of ‘19.

Comment

Working...
                                X