No announcement yet.

lets see the buck(s) you really wanted to kill and never did

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched this deer for 2 years. He was a beast of a 4 year old and was the only off limits buck on the place. Well some idiots on the place shot him and said they didn’t recognize him. Not sure how you mistake a deer like that but whatever. He was a regular and I had the pleasure of watching him many hours over those 2 years. Sure wish I could have seen him at 7.

Here’s a deer we call 2 Blade. This deer is actually still alive. I shot him 2 years ago on November 14th. I hit him really high and you can actually see it in the picture right above this. He showed up again last year for 1 night only on November 14th again. You better believe I’ll be sitting in the stand November 14th this year looking for him again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This deer I named pancho. Early season he ran with a narrow 8 I named lefty. After the velvet shed he changed his home range and didn’t come back to the feeder until after season.

Comment

I hunted this deer for several years. Horns were never anything to get excited about, but he looked 49lbs heavier than every other deer in the woods. Was big boned his whole life. The deer behind the tree, only pic I have of him on this phone. Got off of that lease this year. But he's still wandering them ol pines.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Here’s another great 4yo that we lost. Big framed 8 with split 2’s. Not much mass but a really big frame. Only saw him once in person and took the video that screenshot is from. We heard him get shot sometime between Christmas and New Years.

Comment

The H 2010.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hagerman 045.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	24665719

Comment

lets see the buck(s) you really wanted to kill and never did

Great thread too many to list but this kansas one always sticks in my head

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                Dang….curious as to why you passed that top deer?
                It was October 23, 2019. It was my third sit of the year. I didn't have a slam dunks shot. It was getting really dark (cloudy evening). Its Iowa. I thought I would get another chance.......I am out of excuses.

Last year I had a lot of pictures of this buck within 200 yards of the house....all night pictures other than one in velvet in July. I only saw him in daylight one day last season. He was locked down on a doe on November 15th out in the middle of a cut bean field behind our house. I got in the tree line along side of field and hoped the doe happen to come my way. It didn't happen.

I hope he is still alive. I have not had a picture of him since last winter.

Comment

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Some absolute monsters on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
                      Good. Ness. Any story on him or what happened?

Comment

Moultrie fdr.

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                        That's another Moultrie feeder buck too.
                        Believe it or not, the best yr/most bucks I had here at the house was when I put one of those cheap feeders out, lol.

Think I need to get another!

Comment

Seriously, how many pics on this thread have one of those feeders lol

Comment

Only had one daytime photo of this guy. It was a Saturday evening on a weekend I was able to hunt but the wife booked a last minute appointment for family photos. I still won’t let her forget it
                            Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	3D6D62F5-E10E-4488-A078-B77AC1080E95.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	201.6 KB
ID:	24665740

When cell phones first got emojis, my father in law gave me the go ahead using a thumbs up and a smiley face. I thought he was joking as I had never even seen an emoji. 15 yards broadside. Didn’t get to hunt him again.

Comment

Never saw him in person. Sweet looking buck I would’ve loved to shoot.

Comment

Working...
                                X