lets see the buck(s) you really wanted to kill and never did

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so here is the buck I posted earlier - that picture was from this year

here he is from last year - we did not shoot him because he was 5 years old - he went backwards a little this year - LF ranch
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Txtourist View Post
      Only showed up on camera two times, different cameras. Saw him from the tractor while brush hogging and a handful of times over two seasons from the stand at a distance.
      Every time I thought I was closing in, he got further out.
      No idea what happened, but up here it’s common to lose large bucks after the rut to extreme cold. Nothing at all showing up in person or on camera that’s even close this year.
      Moe. Foe.

I need to go back through this....big deer everywhere.

Comment

This one is still alive as far as I know. I have been trying to get him with my bow going on 3 years now. I think this deer is over 7 years old and has actually started to go downhill. He lost an eye and quite a bit of mass this year.
        Last edited by EastTx; 11-10-2021, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Well--I tried, but the granddaughter of the folks across the road got him--2 years in a row--

Last edited by dustoffer; 11-11-2021, 07:53 PM.

Comment

we (personally) have a week and a half of youth season left and still have all of our targets walking, i am hoping one of my boys can seal the deal on one or 2 of them so i am not going to add anything just yet....

anyway, anyone have an update? one that got past you again or one here that you caught up with?

Comment

We didn't catch up to any of our bucks this year. I had my target show back up on Friday after Thanksgiving, I was in the stand Saturday morning and had him come in to 20y. Needed two more steps to clear a tree and he stopped, looked me, and spooked. Wind wasn't perfect and he came in from straight downwind on the one trail I hoped he wouldn't.

I saw him a few more times on cam but just like last year he would be there for a few pics then be gone for a week or 2.

First pic is his shed from last year, >20" of mass.... Biggest deer I've ever had in front of me.[emoji22]

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Top deer is from Illinois and I put a ton of time with a bow trying to kill him. Only saw him from the stand once, about 75 yards away.

The other deer is from Snyder, Tx. and I never laid eyes on him.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by saintsfan; 02-10-2022, 12:18 PM. Reason: sp

Comment

This thread is great...but it also makes me want to throw up!

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                    Couldn’t seal the deal neighbor shot him (actually a guy leaving the lease )

It’s a low feeling getting texted the bottom picture
                    Was this in Webb county by chance? For some reason that bottom picture looks familiar. Or maybe it was just the rock the deer is sitting on that looks familiar, but pretty sure I saw it on a recent lease posting in a Facebook group.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
                      This thread is great...but it also makes me want to throw up!
                      right...reminds me how bad i suck at bowhunting

if i had a rifle, at least 2, maybe more, of the deer i posted would be on the wall.
                      Last edited by jshouse; 02-10-2022, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Man I didnt need to think about bad memories today... lol

Comment

Mines not the monster some of yalls are. But heartbreaking none the less. This year was the third year I had let the buck go and was trying to get some age on him. Low fence, hill country, no protein. Just letting them age.

Right before Christmas the rancher found him caught in the fence dead or near dead I think. His rack is hanging at the skinning rack now. Win some and lose some, but man it hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

One more. I hunted this guy in Illinois last year. He ended up coming in straight down wind of me one morning and he had me pegged as I sat in the groundblind. I did not move and he slowly wondered off. Maybe this year!
                            Attached Files

Comment

This is the one I’ve been after for the last two years.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunately that’s looking over my back fence on some county property behind me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X