Where would you move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    You paid off a house at 30? I suck at life.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Yes sir. My wife bought the house in 2004 for 154k Her parents told her for her first house they would match he down payment. She lived with them for a year and saved 40k basically her whole salary and her parents matched. So we only financed 74k. We had no vehicle payment at the time so all our money went to pay it off. Been debt free ever since. The frustrating part is we had no credit because we were not making payments on anything. Looking towards retorted needed to get the credit score up so we financed her vehicle. The family land in Leon county is paid off and we will get one of the houses on the property eventually. We also bought my parents an acre in Leon county and bought them a trailer house to live on up there as well. So we have a place to come back to in the winter time.

As a child I bounced from rent house to rent house many times the electricity and water would get turned off. I told myself I would not live like that. So we made it happen. Also we are not in super high paying jobs. Teacher/law enforcement. Yes we had help along the way but it still sucked while paying everything off. It will be worth it if we can stay healthy thru retirement.

Sorry for the long post. Back to looking for mountain property

Comment

Originally posted by Notaguide View Post
      I'm more impressed his wife hasn't wanted more house in 10yrs. especially knowing the first was paid for.
      My wife is the most least maintenance person I know. We remodeled the master bathroom and guest bathroom. We will be redoing the kitchen this year. She teaches at the middle school in our neighborhood so she gets to wake up 20 minutes before she has to be at work

Comment

Georgia, SC, or even South Dakota, because the states have so much to offer in wildlife. Lived in all states for years and had great hunts, and fishing is great. Love fishing the ponds in Ga and SC.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
          My wife is the most least maintenance person I know. We remodeled the master bathroom and guest bathroom. We will be redoing the kitchen this year. She teaches at the middle school in our neighborhood so she gets to wake up 20 minutes before she has to be at work

Yes sir. My wife bought the house in 2004 for 154k Her parents told her for her first house they would match he down payment. She lived with them for a year and saved 40k basically her whole salary and her parents matched. So we only financed 74k. We had no vehicle payment at the time so all our money went to pay it off. Been debt free ever since. The frustrating part is we had no credit because we were not making payments on anything. Looking towards retorted needed to get the credit score up so we financed her vehicle. The family land in Leon county is paid off and we will get one of the houses on the property eventually. We also bought my parents an acre in Leon county and bought them a trailer house to live on up there as well. So we have a place to come back to in the winter time.

As a child I bounced from rent house to rent house many times the electricity and water would get turned off. I told myself I would not live like that. So we made it happen. Also we are not in super high paying jobs. Teacher/law enforcement. Yes we had help along the way but it still sucked while paying everything off. It will be worth it if we can stay healthy thru retirement.

Hat tip to you sir. No need for explanations but appreciate it. Congrats and good luck on your future plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yea, $2mil alone isn’t enough by itself for some couples to keep their current lifestyle and buy a new place. If you add $2Mil to an existing set of funds, that is different.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
              1-2 mill isn’t that much any longer
              It's freaking more than I got Mr. Rockafella!

Comment

Very similar story sir. I WILL do EVERYTHING I'm MY power to prevent my kids from ever seeing our power or water get cut off. I am hoping to set em up real nice when I go 42 for the last time.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                  North not South, very redneck

Yup, panhandle is full of conservative folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Would live right on the lower Iowa line. Home state in the land of milk an honey, right next to a easy Kansas tag pull and a otc Missouri tag. Hit up S. Tx every December for that late rut. Whitetail paradise. Now all I need is that couple million……..

Comment

In this same boat as we speak...tryna figure out where I will go but a half way costa vacation home/vrbo that pays for itself is nice..... then I can split time in mountains and just visit Texas when I want w relatives.
                      My job is unique to where I can work PRN most places as many hours as I want.. this would be supplemental income

Comment

Somewhere in the hill country

Comment

For me it would be the Texas Hill Country. Always felt that way. When we were kids we would go up there for two weeks at a time and primative camp along Bullhead Creek north of Barksdale. Those were the best years a young kid could have.

Comment

Kansas!!!
                            That state has it all. Big bucks, lots of quail and pheasants and I love me some bird huntin!!! Turkeys too!!!

Comment

Yup. but even as a landowner don’t you have to draw a tag? That suxx. When we lived in Colorado the warden told me I wouldn’t draw a tag for at least three years.

Comment

The way Texas is changing... I’m thinking Kansas? Maybe Wyoming for tax reasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X