• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    I didn't see that many details. Lol.

Lake Tahoe on the Nevada side.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Im here now. Smoke from the wildfires are making for some dismal views the last several days. Still beats the heck out of Fulshear, Texas in August.

Comment

Originally posted by redfishted View Post
      My wife and I are actually flying to Bozeman Thursday, I am looking at a few places in that part of Montana, I will always have my places in Texas but we are going to find some relief from these summers.

Should have moved sooner. Global warming done got Montanny

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        No taxes. Not income. It's my money.

80,000 a year is 1500 a week with no mortgage payment or rent. Lol.

My wife will get SS in 4 years. Me too in 12. Also at that point, at 73, this place might bring another million.

Easy.
        Agree 100% - Give me $80k somewhere without a mortgage and I'm golden.

I don't think I'd stay here if I came across a lump sum like that. It would be a move to a moderate climate all year round. Probably Costa Rica, or something like it.

Buy a beach shack and an RV to keep at my kids when I come back and visit them all for a few months at a time.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Ive lived in several states and always wound up back in Texas. With that money I would by in the Texas hill country and put up a high fence, like everyone else.

Comment

Staying right here in Wyoming.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I would be back home in Missouri two years earlier than planned Mack’s Creek here we come.

Comment

Alabama. Nice summers, spring, and fall. Winters are not too bad. Would like a place on Lake Martin or the Coosa River.

Comment

Coastal somewhere but depending on your age 1 to 2 million wouldn’t cut it imo to sustain a current lifestyle for many. Don’t get met wrong 1 to 2 million is still a chunk of change.

Comment

2 million might not be enough. On the Guadalupe near Gruene. Need a dock on the river.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

We lived 39 miles west of Pueblo, about nine miles out of Florence in the Wet Mountains. We lived in Locke Mountain Estates on 35 acres. It was awesome. Mule deer, bear, mountain lion, turkey, fox, badger were our neighbors. The first snow we had was in October. They called for a light dusting. We got 7”!
                        What’s crazy is your closer to the sun. So it’s 21 degrees outside, your shoveling snow off your deck, and your sweating in blue jeans and a tee shirt. The mountains actually create their own weather. It was so quiet and absolutely beautiful. Then the wife got screwed over, she resigned, and now we’re back in the armpit of Houston. Aka Katy.

Comment

I would find a good financial advisor/investor and invest the money to grow. I would go on trips from interest earned on investment and retain the initial investment plus unused interest to grow and use for future trips. Why do you want to get rid of the goose that lays golden eggs?

I think about Gus's words to Lori in Lonesome Dove who had her heart set on going to San Francisco, " Life in San Francisco is still just life. If you want things too much in life, it's likely to disappoint you. Now the only healthy way to life as I see it, is to learn to like all the little things in life......"

Comment

Florida panhandle and Colorado. It's tough but I'm managing.

Comment

As far as I could away from Houston.

Comment

Sell everything and buy a big boat

Comment

Working...
                                X