Where would you move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
    What don't you understand about the fact that he's just pulling $80k per year out of his savings to live on. That money would have already had taxes paid on it when it was earned. He can pull $80k out for 25 years before he eats up the $2MM. He's right. He would not have to pay taxes on that money again.
    Oh okay. he said he'd put 1.6MM in an interest bearing acct and live off the 80K so I assumed he was planning a 5% growth rate in the interest acct. Agree, you'll have to pay taxes on the interest but not on the 1.6MM principle.

I think this is a bad plan though. Sure you can get 80K per year for 20 years but after 20 years that 80K will only buy what ~40K will buy you today due to inflation.

Comment

Originally posted by redfishted View Post
      My wife and I are actually flying to Bozeman Thursday, I am looking at a few places in that part of Montana, I will always have my places in Texas but we are going to find some relief from these summers.
      Just got home Thursday from there.It's a nice town full of friendly people.It's growing like crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by nbrantr View Post
        Oh okay. he said he'd put 1.6MM in an interest bearing acct and live off the 80K so I assumed he was planning a 5% growth rate in the interest acct. Agree, you'll have to pay taxes on the interest but not on the 1.6MM principle.

I think this is a bad plan though. Sure you can get 80K per year for 20 years but after 20 years that 80K will only buy what ~40K will buy you today due to inflation.
        Straight up genius plan. Lol.

You just started spewing ignorance without actually reading what I said?

I'm cool with a very modest lifestyle. I could always go back to work if I had to but I doubt that I would. After 20 years if inflation is that drastic then property values will skyrocket as well. I said my property would bring another million.....maybe 2 by your projections. So at 73 I have a fresh 2 million. Genius plan.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 08-15-2021, 02:57 PM.

Comment

I like you bob

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            Straight up genius plan. Lol.

You just started spewing ignorance without actually reading what I said?

I'm cool with a very modest lifestyle. I could always go back to work if I had to but I doubt that I would. After 20 years if inflation is that drastic then property values will skyrocket as well. I said my property would bring another million.....maybe 2 by your projections. So at 73 I have a fresh 2 million. Genius plan.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
            I havent gone back and read all of the thread......did you disclose anything about this interest bearing account that is going to throw off 80K? Or did I misinterpret what you said?

How are you going to refresh and get the next 2 mil? Sell and buy another smaller place?

Your plan intrigues me.

Comment

If you want to trade the great state of Texas for Montana.

You can buy the place I see from our house on 135 acres for $1.3 million.

They call this area the “banana belt” since the weather is (relatively) warmer than other areas.

We have a lot more cattle than the county’s 8k residents, land area 1/2 the size of NJ, no stoplights in the county. It says “Resisting change since 1863” on the welcome sign to the county seat. Trump 2024 flags flying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                If you want to trade the great state of Texas for Montana.

You can buy the place I see from our house on 135 acres for $1.3 million.

They call this area the “banana belt” since the weather is (relatively) warmer than other areas.

We have a lot more cattle than the county’s 8k residents, land area 1/2 the size of NJ, no stoplights in the county. It says “Resisting change since 1863” on the welcome sign to the county seat. Trump 2024 flags flying.

I like it!! The 1.3 is no problem but how far the the closest walmart and HEB?

Comment

Nearest Walmart? 60 miles in Butte, 80 to Bozeman. No HEBs here, so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                    Nearest Walmart? 60 miles in Butte, 80 to Bozeman. No HEBs here, so sorry.

That’s a beautiful view Bill. Some good front porch guitar picking atmosphere right there. I guess I’ll just have stay in Texas. I’m a lot closer to Walmart and HEB than I am to that 1.3 million. LOL Enjoy that retirement my friend.

Comment

I’ll bet it would have sold for 1/2 that in 2019 pre-Covid.

Comment

I’d have 2 places. One currently here in East Tx.... then I’d have a place either in Oklahoma or hill country.

Comment

Working...
                        X