Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

ExxonMobil Beaumont Strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
    I honestly don’t know how they work. But from the outside looking in it just seems like a bunch of cry babies. I work in a non union facility and we got it pretty dang good. And if you’re not happy with your benefits and pay, you are free to look elsewhere.
    Bingo!! the perimeter fence is there to keep people out not to force anyone to stay…

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
      Everyone’s situation is different. I’m sure some people have already moved on. I’m 53 with 2 years to go until early retirement. I’m hoping for a package 😂
      Congrats to you! I hope you get a package if one is offered! I have several friends out there with 15 plus to work. Not sure of their outcome at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesl View Post
        How do you think that came about?
        Good company and competition.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
          Good company and competition.
          Try again. I will give you a prime example. Marathon Garyville, La. pays their hourly workers appx $1 more an hour than the represented sites. They also receive about a 1/2 pct larger bonus each year. Garyville is non union. The company does this to keep them from going union. So, basically Garyville should be thanking the represented workers that fight for the raises and benefits that they receive. Whatever we receive the company will add a little to keep them non union and happy.

That’s how that works.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
            Try again. I will give you a prime example. Marathon Garyville, La. pays their hourly workers appx $1 more an hour than the represented sites. They also receive about a 1/2 pct larger bonus each year. Garyville is non union. The company does this to keep them from going union. So, basically Garyville should be thanking the represented workers that fight for the raises and benefits that they receive. Whatever we receive the company will add a little to keep them non union and happy.

That’s how that works.
            You are correct. In my working life it was not uncommon for people that worked in non represented plants that would acknowledge your comments above. They were especially interested during negotiation times.

Comment

I read up on this when it started back in May and I could not find anything in writing about what the company wanted vs the union. All I could find was Seniority, Job Classification, etc... Something about an Operator A, but it sounds like that is a job that the senior operators get that Exxon was to reclassify or get rid of.

Comment

That’s how that works.
                This was also my experience in the aircraft industry.

I worked in both shops and the non union shops paid and provided benefits as good or better than the union shops to keep their employees from going over to the union facility’s.

Comment

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
                  I read up on this when it started back in May and I could not find anything in writing about what the company wanted vs the union. All I could find was Seniority, Job Classification, etc... Something about an Operator A, but it sounds like that is a job that the senior operators get that Exxon was to reclassify or get rid of.
                  This is correct. I am currently an A-operator. The company wants to eliminate that job title but hasn’t provided anything in writing about what will happen to the people currently doing that job or what their new responsibilities will be. There are many other issues as well.

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
                    This is correct. I am currently an A-operator. The company wants to eliminate that job title but hasn’t provided anything in writing about what will happen to the people currently doing that job or what their new responsibilities will be. There are many other issues as well.
                    More than likely they will red circle your pay until the other operators catch up. That’s starting to happen industry wide.

Comment

Totally ridiculous on both sides (employer/employees) of the argument while the government pays the unemployment benefits......

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
                        Totally ridiculous on both sides (employer/employees) of the argument while the government pays the unemployment benefits......

“Employer taxes pay for unemployment benefits. Employers pay unemployment insurance taxes and reimbursements that support unemployment benefit payments to workers who have lost their jobs through no fault of their own.”
                        Last edited by dc1986; 08-06-2021, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
                          Did you get one of those covid stimulus checks? Or, covid free loans?
                          Make sure you talk chit about that also. Many on here did. This lousy union hand didn’t

Comment

Did you get one of those covid stimulus checks? Or, covid free loans?
                            Make sure you talk chit about that also. Many on here did. This lousy union hand didn’t

Was that because you made too much money to qualify?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                              Was that because you made too much money to qualify?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Yes. Because I worked a chit load of overtime like I have for the 30+ years while others work 40 hrs a week and tell you how tough they have it

So, lets talk about that boys and girls.

Comment

**** a union!

Comment

Working...
                                X