ExxonMobil Beaumont Strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ExxonMobil Beaumont Strike

Any TBHers walking that picket line? I had no idea this was still going on. Think it started in May.

What are the demands?

Not going good from what I’m hearing. Sounds like management is trying to stick it out long enough to break up the union.

And technically it’s not a strike, it was a lock out.

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
      Not going good from what I’m hearing. Sounds like management is trying to stick it out long enough to break up the union.

Interesting. Does the USW pay the union workers locked out?

Comment

I think they get paid but it ain’t much.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
          Absolutely not.. I have a few friends working for Exxon at one point the company had them bring their bills in but I not sure if that's still going on ..

Comment

I think they are actually able to claim unemployment while this is going on.

Comment

Originally posted by b.latiolais View Post
              I think they are actually able to claim unemployment while this is going on.
              By being "locked out" they are supposed to be able to claim unemployment.

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                Absolutely not.. I have a few friends working for Exxon at one point the company had them bring their bills in but I not sure if that's still going on ..
                I don’t think it is anymore. I work at another USW union facility and we’ve been making donations to them. Mostly food items and now school supplies. And a few of us have went and help them walk the picket lines.

Comment

I work for the Exxonmobil Beaumont refinery and I am locked out. It started on May 1st. We are able to get unemployment currently. Negotiations aren’t producing any results yet. It seems that the company is not negotiating at all.

Comment

No. If you walk the picket lines the USW is paying one bill if I remember correctly. There is also a “pantry” where you can get some groceries.
                    Last edited by dc1986; 08-05-2021, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post

Bingo

Comment

Did XOM not want to renew the contract or did USW want changes to it?

Comment

My neighbor at the lake is locked out at XOM . . They are paying her house and car notes . .

Comment

Did XOM not want to renew the contract or did USW want changes to it?
                            The company is wanting many changes.

Comment

Can you go back to work if you wanted to?

Comment

Working...
                              X