Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BowhunterB View Post
    What about a Giant Schnauzer.

Never had one, but have wanted one for a number of years. From everything I have heard sounds like they might fit your bill.
    The OP has already got his dog, but just for the record, I would be leery of a giant schnauzer. Years ago I had a buddy whose girlfriend had a giant schnauzer, and he said it was just about more than he could handle! Wore him out, and he had to break up with her.

Comment

Lacy

Comment

Originally posted by clintb View Post
        Another heeler fan here. I currently have and have had several. Top 5 smartest dogs, working dog and very protective. They will not back down and will follow your kid anywhere and protect till death. Awesome breed.
        90% of all dogs will back down. Very few dogs are hard enough for protecrion work. Heelers are cattle dogs. Lol. They are not protection dogs.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LovinTxHuntin View Post
          Lacy
          Is not anything like he was looking for.

Jesus people.

Comment

There’s a lot of “hot” dogs listed above. Known for DA and even pretty bad HA.

I understand the size part of the post, but what are you hoping to protect the kid from in Texas? A blue Lacy (sized) dog will protect just as well against anything here including coyote.

Pyrenees/Anatolian cross is probably going to be a good fit for guardian dogs that are easily socialized to their human family.

Comment

Hey. Why is this still being discussed/cussed/talked about as it appears OP has found a pup? Just curious....

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

What about pictures of the new pup ?

Comment

A Catahoula cross took care of us kids against mean momma cows and a pair of coyotes on the hunt at our house.
                  Late 70s.

Comment

Guys I’ve had the dog quite a while now...

Comment

Suggest a dog breed

Happy wife happy life
                      Last edited by Roz; 08-14-2021, 11:33 PM.

Comment

German Shepard

Comment

Originally posted by Royal21973 View Post
                          German Shepard
                          A real one from European working lines.

Comment

I guess you can tell who reads the responses.

Comment

Good old cur dog. All day any day.

Comment

First off... Super impressed some.of y'all have Pressas... Those can really be some high octane problem dogsin the wrong hands

1. I'm not sure why big is such a deal... One of my jagds would cover all you need for him and eat 1/10th the food lol (and poop 1/10th the poop haha)

2. A big grity cur or a Mal comes to mind. I would rather have a 65 lb athletic dog than a 100lb lump

3. The Airedale idea is fun... But GOOD working airedales are INCREDIBLY hard to find... If somebody knows a good breeder PM me I'll be making contact lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X