No announcement yet.

Rolling blackout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brother hasn’t lost power once in llano but ours has been going off a bunch. We lost power for 12 hours and had water to all livestock working until then. Pipes broke in well house. We are only 17 miles from llano. No water I am afraid to kick it back on and bust more pipes. Lucky we found all the parts to fix it. We have propane heaters in all well houses. Hell with relying on electricity and heat lamps. We are missing a bunch of blackbuck I am afraid are probably dead. Fallow we raise are doing ok for know.

Comment

We're at 26 hrs. Guess generator is on the buy list. Of course wont matter if ya run out of gas. Warm for now, son and I are sitting by the fire

Comment

I've been to/lived in some shiphole countries and never have I experienced anything like we have today in Houston/The Woodlands

Comment

Just lost my power dis morn here in SW La. Had to go old school for my coffee

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

We’re at 27 hours now. I’m pretty sure it went out at 5 am yesterday or so. Woke up at 5:30 with it off. Has anyone heard anything from Entergy on a time frame for getting it back on in the Montgomery area?

Comment

What I wouldn’t give for a percolator right now.

Comment

Going on 30 hrs for my house. Yesterday I turn on my truck generator and hooked up my refrigerator and freezer fir a couple of hours. I went to my neighbor Snd did the same thing. Looks like I will be doing this for my neighbors all day now. Freezers starts to thaw around the 26-34 hour mark. This has showed me that I’m not prepared and I will not be caught in this situation again.

Don’t forget about the elderly and pets.

Comment

Just got a boil water notice. Power outage has the city’s pump stations down.

Comment

This is still way better than the 21 days I was without power in August and Sept

Comment

No power for 26 hrs.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                        It's time to start making rolling payments on the high azz light bills.
                        Best Chew comment ever. 100% agree. I have the money to pay all my bills but I make it a point to pay them as late as possible always.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnBoy View Post
                          What I wouldn’t give for a percolator right now.
                          All my camping gear was under my truck bed cover which was frozen shut. We got power back on, but made my boys get it unstuck just in case.

Comment

Going on 31 hours w/out power in Spring (Montgomery County). 12 degrees in the house. Glad we all made it through the night.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                              I'm in this outage right now. Holy crap. [ATTACH]1040626[/ATTACH]
                              My Dad lives on Sun Valley Drive a couple of houses behind Antlers and he had been without power since about 8:30pm on Sunday. Took him a generator and space heaters last night. He just notified me that the power came back on at 8:20am today. Some major PEC substation issue was the culprit from what I have read.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                                Just lost my power dis morn here in SW La. Had to go old school for my coffee

Been with out power for 33 hours, about to get my old coffee pot out! Been heating water on the camp stove and doing instant coffee.

Comment

Working...
                                X