Rolling blackout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    It's time to start making rolling payments on the high azz light bills.

I like how you think!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
      Well, I just got word both units are down where I work. Been on my days off but buddy just texted me that unit 2 is coming back up and working on unit 1. Hopefully some of y’all will get power once they get these back on line.
      Slept in my office last night and will probably end up doing the same tonight.

People asking why the state or ERCOT or the plants weren't prepared for this is about the same as asking why everyone doesn't have their own state of the art backup generator system and every pipe in their house insulated and heat traced. COST PROHIBITIVE.

While the US makes it's big push towards renewables and we shut down viable fossil plants because they are not worth the investment, this will become a more frequent evolution. People may ask why Texas power plants can't handle artic temperatures like plants up north, and that's because that is not where the banks and shareholders that back these utility companies up want to see their money invested. They want to see it invested in renewables so they can appease a certain group of citizens. Unfortunately it takes extreme events like this to show the flawed logic and that the investments should go towards a balanced grid, not a pretty green one.

All that said, there's a lot a men and women working very hard right now to keep the power on.

Comment

We had on and off power for the last 36 hours but came online about 3PM today so this has been a good run. Heaters got house temp back up to normal which has been awesome! Looks like colder temps and more crummy weather tonight so fingers crossed we don’t drop offline again. I won’t be surprised though....pool frozen over so thick I can’t crack the ice with a 4x4 and a solid overhand swing. That’s gotta be costly after this is over. Thankful for good friends and a healthy family

Ac

Comment

Regardless of how this happened, we were failed, no two ways to look at it. Power has been out since 2am Monday, well froze up and I can even begin to asses repairs. Some people need to go to prison for this!!! Just now getting service to get online....we are cut off out here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X