No announcement yet.

Rolling blackout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got power after 17 hrs thank God for Honda Generators.

Comment

Do they expect a Tech to be able to be on an icey road at 2am and fix something? Yes folks without power sucks but those in the industry are struggling as well to maintain. A valve blocking in at 1am and a Tech can't safely get there its just unfortunate
      I dont think any of us are mad at a worker or employee over this. That would be like getting mad at the cashier at HEB for the toilet paper shortage.

What we are mad at, is this is the GD united states and we have such a sh***y system that old people, young people, and everybody in between have to freeze their aXX off because of two freaking nights of cold weather. The companies we all send our payments to each month tell us "where sorry, put on extra blankets, sleep with your dog"....we should be passed all of this, especially when you see the stupid crap that they want to spend money on every day

Comment

I realize that it’s fashionable to blame the federal government and the new administration for these things, but you have to remember that Texas (well, almost all of Texas) is on it’s own power grid, which is not governed by FERC regulations. If you are looking for someone to blame, ERCOT is your Huckleberry. Or Mother Nature, but it’s best not to mess with her, even if she is the real culprit.

Comment

Originally posted by Duane View Post
          I realize that it’s fashionable to blame the federal government and the new administration for these things, but you have to remember that Texas (well, almost all of Texas) is on it’s own power grid, which is not governed by FERC regulations. If you are looking for someone to blame, ERCOT is your Huckleberry. Or Mother Nature, but it’s best not to mess with her, even if she is the real culprit.

And here I got my pitchfork all sharpened up and ready...

I think we could still justifiably head down to the EPA offices for a few pounds of flesh over their over regulation of power plants. Then again, you know those effin beuracrats didn’t go to work today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
            I’ve never even heard of ercot until this cluster f**k.
            That is funny right there!

Comment

had an almost 6 hour outage to start my day to only be 5 1/2 hours at the end of my day and still out. Starting to get cold in the house. All the kids have 2 blankets. Should be OK for a while as long as the water keeps dripping

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                And here I got my pitchfork all sharpened up and ready...

I think we could still justifiably head down to the EPA offices for a few pounds of flesh over their over regulation of power plants. Then again, you know those effin beuracrats didn’t go to work today.

Hey Dale, I’m all for skewering some bureaucrats, but can we wait until I get my passport renewal back? I’m itching to get back to work in Canada, and it’s currently holding me up. I’ll let you know when I have it back in hand, then you have the green light. In the meantime, keep the pitchfork sharp. Thanks bud!

Comment

Originally posted by Duane View Post
                  Hey Dale, I’m all for skewering some bureaucrats, but can we wait until I get my passport renewal back? I’m itching to get back to work in Canada, and it’s currently holding me up. I’ll let you know when I have it back in hand, then you have the green light. In the meantime, keep the pitchfork sharp. Thanks bud!

I am here to help, sir.

Comment

Just got power back. Down almost 24 hours

Comment

Lost power around 11 am. Got it back at midnight. Thank God. Almost 12 hrs and it was barely holding 55 degrees in the house.

Toilet line in master bath is froze. Every other faucet if dripping still.

Comment

26 hours now without power. Fortunately we still have water but reading a bunch of stories online now that a lot of local neighborhoods have had their water shut off too.

Comment

12 hours here. 5 gallons of gas left for the Gen. May be siphoning cars.

Comment

Rolling blackout

Got electricity back around midnight and gone again in an hour after being down 7 hours this time. This **** is getting ridiculous... that’s now 6 outages in 24 hours. House has been on for a total of 4 hours in one hour or less increments ...

Not sure what we’d be doing right now housewise without the generator we picked up.... ... but I’ll
                            never be without one again. Have one more fill up left and then I’ll try to head to Buccees for ethanol free or siphoning ethanol gas off my full Tundra. Either way we gotta do something.
                            Last edited by Smart; 02-16-2021, 04:59 AM.

Comment

It's time to start making rolling payments on the high azz light bills.

Comment

Dammit, I'm feeling for you guys.

We still have power at our two little houses in Llano county, although freezing pipes are still a problem.

And meanwhile.....I'm working with the patio door wide open in Florida, listening to the rain fall

it's 73 degrees outside at 6 am

Comment

Working...
                                X