No announcement yet.

New Truck Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While driving the same '03 Tundra for years, I keep waiting on trucks to get 'cheaper'. Well, as I wait, my faithful Tundra now has 410K miles on it. I'll surely be due for an upgrade within the next year or two. I try to buy used, patiently looking for a smoking deal on a 2-3 year-old with low mileage. It can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by sandbill View Post
      While driving the same '03 Tundra for years, I keep waiting on trucks to get 'cheaper'. Well, as I wait, my faithful Tundra now has 410K miles on it. I'll surely be due for an upgrade within the next year or two. I try to buy used, patiently looking for a smoking deal on a 2-3 year-old with low mileage. It can happen.
      You gotta get it to 500k!!!

Comment

I bought a 2012 F250 diesel crew cab SB Lariat for 46k in 2013. Had 29,000 on the clock.

I saw someone post a 2015 (Effectively the same truck), with 90,000 on it, for around 40k.

Just wild what is going on right now. I don't know that I will ever buy a brand new truck again, especially if it's a diesel.

And with as easy as everyone is handing out money these days, why not get the biggest baddest truck you can afford?!

Comment

Drop a fresh engine, transmission and have someone pop the rear end, check it, add fluid and or fresh gears and keep rolling

I have the last year of Ford's metal bodied trucks with the Coyote V8

I can drop a new engine and transmission in for less than 15k

Last year of the Ford metal bodies and it has a rubber floor mat throughout the cab - no darn carpet and or leather seats.

I bought a truck I can use - hit the inside with a hose and spray the floors out with water and soap (if I really needed to), with all the electronics I need in a truck.

I have 3 other cars to cover the things I don't need in A TRUCK - electronics/speed/stye/performance/classic/hot rod and luxury. Covering my wheel bases - the truck does trailer, hauling and the occasional off road trip to hunt, fish and or trailer boat

And rolling 3 other cars means, I can run this Ford for a long long long time since I don't run the numbers on her like a daily driver

I buy a truck for function and limited features, not for a daily driver. I have other wheels, to cover other needs like fuel mileage, high performance, cruising and or commuting

Don't see the need for 40k worth of luxury car goodies in a truck - I have other wheels that more than cover everything in today's modern (BLING WITH ELECTRONICS) society
          Last edited by AtTheWall; 02-05-2021, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
            I bought a 2012 F250 diesel crew cab SB Lariat for 46k in 2013. Had 29,000 on the clock.

I saw someone post a 2015 (Effectively the same truck), with 90,000 on it, for around 40k.

Just wild what is going on right now. I don't know that I will ever buy a brand new truck again, especially if it's a diesel.

And with as easy as everyone is handing out money these days, why not get the biggest baddest truck you can afford?!
            Because used to be a horrible thing financially with depreciation. Something has changed though. It started with cash for clunkers and the 08 bailout and hasn't stopped. Some sort of reset but it's hard to put a finger on.

I read that Tesla, for the first time EVER, was profitable this year. Up until this year, their number one commodity was selling carbon credits to the other automakers. Imagine being a automaker and what you really make is a carbon credit. Now imagine being a automaker and having to buy so many carbon credits from another automaker that it keeps their failed buisness afloat for 20 years. One of many reasons vehicles cost so much.

Comment

The truck makers figure out that ***,*** amount of people can afford a payment of $*** a month. They back into a truck price and sell their target amount of trucks.

Then they figure out they can raise the price of the truck by thousands and still get that same amount of people able to afford that same payment if they just stretch the financing out.

You used to see 36 months. Then it was 60. Then 72. Now 84. As long as they keep extending the financing options, they can charge more for the trucks and they will still get people signing up for those payments.

Comment

In the market also...just stupid what folks will do for a new truck.

2007 Dodge ram with 183000...bought brand new and gonna keep her...55k on anew truck is just dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
                  I just can’t understand putting 50 or 60,000 into a depreciating asset. It appears at this point in my life I’ll be buying used from here on out. My 17 F150 XLT was 32 and change. Same truck today is 40K and I can’t do that.
                  Outside of a boat, I can’t either. I bought my 2010 F150 for 26.5K. It’s 11 years old with 150,000 miles. I will put 250,000 on it before I consider putting it up for sale. Literally only changed oil, change transmission fluid according to maintenance schedule and has been great with no problems.

Comment

Lord help you if your credit score is not an 850, as well.

Comment

They're expensive because of cheap credit and everyone "needing" more and more. Pull an ATV a few times a year? Better get a diesel. Don't want your friends to think you're a chump? Better get the top trim. Can't pay attention or just can't drive to begin with? Get this new sensor/camera/backup/alert package. $80k too much? Go down to the bank and get a monthly payment that "works" for 84 months and 10% interest. I can't justify it, if someone else can that's their business. Either way, if people keep buying prices will keep going up.

Comment

Let me state this, I'm not against them as they have their place and I'm gonna get chastised for this I'm sure, but union built products will always cost more and wages never go down, especially when it comes to automobiles. There are other variables of course, but imagine how much a vehicle would be if it was built with 100% union parts and labor, you wouldn't be able to afford one.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                          My current truck will be 5 yrs old in a month and will hit 100k miles at some point this year. This would be when I normally get a new one. I’m thinking about hanging onto this one awhile longer. Not one issue with it and I can’t see spending 75k on a truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Exact same boat. I sure like a new ride on that 5 hour run to the ranch but **** there crazy high. I was actually looking on line this AM.

Comment

If I were buying tomorrow, I'd look for a 3-4 year old Dodge or Nissan - closest thing to a bargain you can find in trucks.

Comment

join the american way! Just get into debt to keep up with the Jones.

Thats why they make 7 year loans now. STUPID

Comment

We need more people to not buy new trucks or new boats so the prices will drop. Too many Americans are "financing themselves to death." Unless we stop paying these ridiculous prices, the trend will continue.

Comment

Working...
                                X