New Truck Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
    I'm still rollin in the 20 year old *****box with 260k.... cause I'm not making a payment
    Me too.

When my 18 year old z71 ****s the bed I'll be rolling full time in my 96 taco.

My office has been closed for a year, no need to buy a new vehicle. Though I would love one.

Comment

At 65k thats poverty

Comment

Global trade/weak foreign trade policy, inflation, and strength of the dollar are to thank. I bit the bullet on one in September, and while it hurts they're **** sure nice these days.

Comment

Bought a new 2020 F-150 XLT Fx4 with max tow back right before Christmas 41k does everything I need out of a truck and then some. Could have easily spent 60 plus it’s all about the options.

What we need and what we want are two different things. This is my third truck since I was a junior in high school over 20 years ago and yes that 41k was tough.

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
            I remember buying a 32K truck in ‘98. I thought that was absolutely insane back then. Now I wish that offer was still available.
            I paid $34K for a 2018 Ford F-150 XLT FX4 just 2.5 years ago. Same truck today is $40K with no serious advance in technology. Like you, I wish I could have that deal again.

Comment

Probably around 30 years ago was at a tire shop talking to an old man while we were waiting. He told me it wont be that long before dang trucks are going to cost 100k. I kinda laughed to myself about it. Dude was spot on.

Bought a 99 extended cab 2WD silverado LT in 99 for 24k. Replaced it in 2017 with a new 2016 F150 fx4 lariat and almost double the cost. I think I have one more new truck in me during my lifetime so am guessing in another 13 years will be looking at close to that 100k mark.

Comment

I just can’t understand putting 50 or 60,000 into a depreciating asset. It appears at this point in my life I’ll be buying used from here on out. My 17 F150 XLT was 32 and change. Same truck today is 40K and I can’t do that.

Comment

It's dumb to spend that much on a want vs a need unless you're winning the rat race. Don't give in.

Comment

Originally posted by scubasteven25 View Post
                    I paid $34K for a 2018 Ford F-150 XLT FX4 just 2.5 years ago. Same truck today is $40K with no serious advance in technology. Like you, I wish I could have that deal again.
                    But all the nifty tailgates though...

I swear the last two years of truck commercials have been a tailgate options competition. Not payload, torque, mileage, "Truck-of-the-Year", yada, yada.

Comment

So is $80k - $90k decked-out? Or are we talking base model here?

Comment

You need the new Ram TRX.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                          It's dumb to spend that much on a want vs a need unless you're winning the rat race. Don't give in.

This.

I suspect I am much older than you and I still have a difficult time justifying spending $40,000 for a new truck.
                          Last edited by wellingtontx; 02-04-2021, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Drop your health insurance coverage for your family and go get the nicest truck on the lot. Apparently it works for some people

Comment

Poverty

Originally posted by Spiderpig1776 View Post
                              At 65k thats poverty
                              I must be ghetto then!

Just built brand new 2k' house for $100k. No way I'm spending that on a truck!

Still rocking 04 5.9 4x4. 230k mi. Gave $10k for it in 2014.

Comment

Bought an 07 King Ranch during the summer of 07. Stickered for 44k, paid 26k with the $7k trade in. Today, that same truck is $68k...which is insane. Drove that truck 13 1/3 years, hated seeing it go, but it was time. I could afford the new 60k+ truck, just didn’t seem Logical or prudent...went with the XLT for 40k. In the end, I’ll drive the truck for at least 14 years- of which 9 it will be paid off and I’ll just pay maintenance and repairs.

If someone wants to pay 75 plus thousand for a new truck, more power to them. I just cannot justify it financially.

Comment

Working...
                                X