No announcement yet.

Duck hunters murdered in TN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catahoula is the one, but happens at other public lands too for deer and duck.

Comment

Originally posted by AWnNETX View Post
      Spent a good bit of time while at SFA running the Angelina chasing fish and ducks. Some of the locals thought they owned the water from tram road/Shawnee bottom all the way to Marions Ferry on Rayburn. Saw quite a few scuffles over “private blinds” on public water. Saw blinds burned and truck and trailer tires slashed. Pretty pitiful behavior by guys who called themselves “outdoorsmen”.
      Yes sir, it’s crazy what some folks do over public land. I had to replace a couple tires on my truck from hunting around MF over the years. Had some issues a couples times that got sorted out when we recognized each other from DU work projects. None of its worth taking/losing a life over though

Comment

Public land duck blinds?
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
          Not in Louisiana
          good to know

Comment

Pretty pitiful behavior by guys who called themselves “outdoorsmen”.
            I doubt anyone would call them that.

Comment

Reminder those little disagreements and differences to the wrong person on the wrong day can cost you dearly.

Comment

Crabtree said the three went to hunt around 6 a.m. Around 9, a boat approached the blind with David Vowell inside. He approached and asked if he could hunt out of the blind, and they said yes.

Crabtree said Vowell was in the process of getting out of his boat, and Crabtree thought it odd that Vowell was loading his gun, because normally you don’t load your gun until you get to your hunting position.

According to Thomas, Crabtree said he turned around and heard a gunshot. He saw Zach Grooms was shot in the chest with a shotgun and shortly after that, Chance Black was shot in the side.

Crabtree managed to wrestle the gun away from Vowell, then threw the gun in the water and knocked Vowell out of the boat he was in.

Crabtree then took off to shore to get help and last saw Vowell standing in waist-deep water.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                  I doubt anyone would call them that.
                  Agreed

Comment

I had to call the Game Warden once, because two hillbilly brothers were got so ****** at me, I wouldn't get out of my tree. I unknowingly set my stand close to there feeder. Yes, a feeder, with a slinger and all. Had no clue it was there. One brother came in to hunt and cussed me up and down, and I told him I wasn't getting out of the tree(mainly cause I didn't want to get in a fight), then he said basically, you just wait, I'll get my brother. So I called the Warden. They ended up getting tired of looking at me sitting up in the tree, and headed back to the parking lot, and the game Warden was waiting on them. Not really sure how it all turned out, but I drove off, and they were standing there with there beat up chevy discussing the situation with the Game Warden. He also had GPS cooridinates to there feeder.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                      Hardcore quack addicts and bass jerkers are probably the worst “sportsmen” I’ve ever ran into.

That's because they own the lake and you are not supposed to be on their private property or in their boat lane tied up fishing for crappie.

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                        This is the saddest and craziest hunting crime/story I have ever heard. I hope that old man lives a LONG time in jail. I looked him up, respected well to do business owner now he is just a low life criminal.

Comment

Had one gun pointed at me over a **** duck and had some idiots shoot into our blind from a distance. Duck hunters are by far the most possessive and hardest to get along with of all the public land hunters.
                          One of the reasons I rarely duck hunt.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m out of the waterfowl game but it is a very competitive sport.

Combine a bad situation with short tempers on two sides and it can get ugly fast.

But obviously, under no circumstances was any of this worth it. So many lives ruined over a “duck”. Sometimes you just got be a bigger man a walk away.

Prayers Up and hope justice is served.

Comment

Man that's horrible. Publuc hunted in Matty many years and never had a problem. If you built a blind you understood it wasn't yours and was common property first come. Crazy...

Comment

Originally posted by TTUgrad08 View Post
                                I’m out of the waterfowl game but it is a very competitive sport.

Combine a bad situation with short tempers on two sides and it can get ugly fast.

But obviously, under no circumstances was any of this worth it. So many lives ruined over a “duck”. Sometimes you just got be a bigger man a walk away.

Prayers Up and hope justice is served.
                                It wasn't over a duck. It was over perceived disrespect

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X