No announcement yet.

Duck hunters murdered in TN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arguments about public duck blinds have been going on forever, surprisingly this hasn’t happened couple times a year

A different post said
    “” Massive wooden duck blinds are built around the lake, and each fall they’re surrounded by hundreds of floating decoys and painted plastic soda bottles. It’s not uncommon for these blinds to be equipped with amenities like a full kitchen and satellite TV. The blinds used to be solely private, but the land they’re built on now includes public ground, since parts of Reelfoot Lake are both a state park and a National Wildlife Refuge. That means historic families who have hunted Reelfoot for decades are now hunting alongside newer waterfowlers who now have public access. That dynamic has led to tensions between the old guard and hunters who rely on public blinds.””
    Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 01-27-2021, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Hardcore quack addicts and bass jerkers are probably the worst “sportsmen” I’ve ever ran into.

Comment

That’s crazy. All over a single duck.

Comment

That's bad stuff. Prayers up for the families

Comment

Yep, same thing down here happens all the time in Louisiana. Either the locals or older crowd have a sense of entitlement to the land and ducks. My brother and his friends were messed with this year by hunting guides on a lake in Louisiana that is controversial to being public or private. Worst part about it is the locals are in with the police and DA so nothing ever happens to them.

Sad to see people getting caught violating the laws over and over but nothing happening to them due to the corrupt people.

If the hunting industry doesn't start to work together and for each other, it may not be around much longer with all these libs gaining power.

Prayers for the families

Comment

WTH? Too much for me to say more!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

We were duck hunting Lake Murvaul years ago and after the hunt wanted to check a beaver pond up an arm off the lake. After checking it out we were headed back out when a guy jumped out of the brush with pistol drawn pointed at my friend’s head. He was mad because he deer hunted that area. Probably the most scared I’ve ever been. Luckily de-escalated the situation and we left out of there without anyone leaking.

Comment

Very sad deal, I'd like to say I'm surprised but I'm not. Few years back I was hunting at a local lake, had just set my decoys up when two guys pull up in their boat. They accused me and the two other guys I was with of hunting "their spot". No blind around or anything, I had also hunted there several times that year and the years before and never even seen anyone back there. It really caught me off guard but I told them they were welcome to stay hunt with us but that we weren't moving. Well that wasn't good enough the guy proceeds to bank his boat and wants to fight us. While trying to get out of his boat he falls and hurts himself. We end up helping him get his boat off the bank cause the other guy couldn't do it by himself and then he proceeds to drive right through our decoys (on purpose) trashing 3-4 and leaves. I have continued hunting that spot on and off sine and have never seen those guys again. The sad thing is these guys were probably 20 years older then us and acted like spoiled children.

Comment

There is a 40 page thread on another forum about this. Let's just say from what I've read there - Reelfoot is a very different place than what I've experienced. Lots of crazy history and nuances to the place. Not that it matters. Lives are lost and destroyed because of this nonsense.

Comment

Crazy People

Originally posted by KNP16 View Post
                      Very sad deal, I'd like to say I'm surprised but I'm not. Few years back I was hunting at a local lake, had just set my decoys up when two guys pull up in their boat. They accused me and the two other guys I was with of hunting "their spot". No blind around or anything, I had also hunted there several times that year and the years before and never even seen anyone back there. It really caught me off guard but I told them they were welcome to stay hunt with us but that we weren't moving. Well that wasn't good enough the guy proceeds to bank his boat and wants to fight us. While trying to get out of his boat he falls and hurts himself. We end up helping him get his boat off the bank cause the other guy couldn't do it by himself and then he proceeds to drive right through our decoys (on purpose) trashing 3-4 and leaves. I have continued hunting that spot on and off sine and have never seen those guys again. The sad thing is these guys were probably 20 years older then us and acted like spoiled children.
                      Just plain Plum Crazy.

Comment

This behavior is just a disgraceful shame. Don’t think for a second that the “ other side” won’t use this tragedy for political gain.

It’s not just limited to waterfowl, some of the stories I heard from Elk hunters in AZ were just like these incidents posted here.[emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by KNP16 View Post
                          Oh my there are some crazy, crazy people out there!

Comment

I gave up hunting public water years ago, spending the summer building and placing blinds
                            Then having people argue with me about them , besides private land is 1000% better hunting, still keep a couple of obscure blinds on public water for friends and family if they ask about a place to hunt ducks or want to do a cast and blast

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                              Hardcore quack addicts and bass jerkers are probably the worst “sportsmen” I’ve ever ran into.
                              Yep!

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                                I gave up hunting public water years ago, spending the summer building and placing blinds
                                Then having people argue with me about them , besides private land is 1000% better hunting, still keep a couple of obscure blinds on public water for friends and family if they ask about a place to hunt ducks or want to do a cast and blast
                                A blind built on public land does not guarantee you that spot by building a blind on it. If I arrive to that public pond first it is my spot for that day. I will not climb in "your" blind but I will indeed hunt that pond very close to said blind depending on the wind. No one is entitled to a public spot because they wasted their time building a blind on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X