Duck hunters murdered in TN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Cajun View Post
    Yep, same thing down here happens all the time in Louisiana. Either the locals or older crowd have a sense of entitlement to the land and ducks. My brother and his friends were messed with this year by hunting guides on a lake in Louisiana that is controversial to being public or private. Worst part about it is the locals are in with the police and DA so nothing ever happens to them.

Sad to see people getting caught violating the laws over and over but nothing happening to them due to the corrupt people.

If the hunting industry doesn't start to work together and for each other, it may not be around much longer with all these libs gaining power.

Prayers for the families
    there was a lake not too far from where I lived in Louisiana where if you built a blind and go back the next day, it would already be burnt down.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
      A blind built on public land does not guarantee you that spot by building a blind on it. If I arrive to that public pond first it is my spot for that day. I will not climb in "your" blind but I will indeed hunt that pond very close to said blind depending on the wind. No one is entitled to a public spot because they wasted their time building a blind on it.
      Been saying that for years but it’s gotten to where if you don’t sleep in the hole you might not get to hunt it lol.

Comment

The problem with duck hunting public land is the public!

This story is terrible all the way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Cberry View Post
          there was a lake not too far from where I lived in Louisiana where if you built a blind and go back the next day, it would already be burnt down.
          You can say Catahoula everyone knows about it

Comment

Spent a good bit of time while at SFA running the Angelina chasing fish and ducks. Some of the locals thought they owned the water from tram road/Shawnee bottom all the way to Marions Ferry on Rayburn. Saw quite a few scuffles over “private blinds” on public water. Saw blinds burned and truck and trailer tires slashed. Pretty pitiful behavior by guys who called themselves “outdoorsmen”.

Comment

Originally posted by Cberry View Post
              My buddy from Galveston, who is a big duck hunter, was talking about duck blinds being burned on public spots. He wasn't real clear on whether he was doing the burning, or having it done to him.

Knowing his personality, likely both.

Comment

That be the one lol

Comment

Originally posted by Buck hunter332 View Post
                  Been saying that for years but it’s gotten to where if you don’t sleep in the hole you might not get to hunt it lol.
                  That’s what I tell everyone, you better get there super early
                  Snooze and you lose
                  Lots of creeps on the water these days, even 50-60 miles offshore , In the marsh ,lake or bay

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                    Over a ****ing duck?
                    Look up Gus Engeling murder

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
                      J.D. Murphree is another one killed by a duck hunter or poacher actually.

Comment

A blind built on public land does not guarantee you that spot by building a blind on it. If I arrive to that public pond first it is my spot for that day. I will not climb in "your" blind but I will indeed hunt that pond very close to said blind depending on the wind. No one is entitled to a public spot because they wasted their time building a blind on it.
                        look up the regulations for each water authority, most if they sell tags/permits do allow for the right of way for those blinds to the permit holder.

now getting that enforced at 5 am on a hunting day may be another story.

Comment

Originally posted by Dugie View Post
                          look up the regulations for each water authority, most if they sell tags/permits do allow for the right of way for those blinds to the permit holder.

now getting that enforced at 5 am on a hunting day may be another story.
                          Not in Louisiana

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
                            I grew up within a 1/2 mile from where the suspect in that murder lived. Heard that story many times throughout my childhood

Comment

Cajunfoot / Reelhoula.

Comment

Crazy!

Comment

Working...
                                X