Feeder time change on Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jt400 View Post
    What app do you use? I've always printed out a calendar from sunrisesunset.com. Does your app show civil twilight?

App is called Sunrise and Sunset and yes it has civil twilight beginning and end.

Comment

Not setting my clocks back... No way I want to spend an extra hour in 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
        Now I'm so confused. Should I go forward or back I hope my deer understand. Man another reason to hate 2020

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
        Originally posted by txbonecollector View Post
        Are we Falling back or Springing forward...? Can someone please download me on this timing change?
        Fall forward...don't be one of the fools who think it's falling back. Who have you ever seen that springs forward when they're scared by something. Hence the terms "spring backwards and fall forward"

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
        Do I need to adjust my dawn/dusk feeders too?
        Yes!! Switch the settings so that the dusk setting is for the morning feeding and the dawn is for the evenings

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          App is called Sunrise and Sunset and yes it has civil twilight beginning and end.

Nice. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
            Not setting my clocks back... No way I want to spend an extra hour in 2020
            Best advice so far!

Comment

one of my brothers would go reset my feeders time every year, never could get it through to him that it didn't matter

Comment

I too eventually change the feeder and the camera just to avoid confusion.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                  Fall forward...don't be one of the fools who think it's falling back. Who have you ever seen that springs forward when they're scared by something. Hence the terms "spring backwards and fall forward"

THANKS Captain O! Bwaaaaahahahahahaha

Yes!! Switch the settings so that the dusk setting is for the morning feeding and the dawn is for the evenings

Comment

Changing the times on my feeders is also a reminder to change my blinker fluid....

Comment

Originally posted by txbonecollector View Post
                      You’re welcome 😂

Comment

I knew it was coming.. LMAO..
                        And what is even more Hillarious than this post is all of the guys on here who were thinking the same exact thing as the OP.. Crickets!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                          We really need a design a feeder timer that automatically switches to daylight savings time. Think of all the stress, gas money, and silly posts we could save with just that one small feature.

I'll never forget a guy that I knew drove all the way to his lease (about six hour drive) to change his feeders so they would go off at daylight.
                          Somebody with way more smarts than me needs to develop a feeder that

1) automatically adjusts for daylight savings time
                          2) can keep up with sunrise/sunset and feed at a selected interval related to (if you want to feed 1hr before sunset or 15 min after sunrise for instance)
                          3) keeps up with solunar info and feeds at major and minor feed times
                          4) sends you a text when action is needed (battery low, corn level low, etc)
                          5) deliver 10,000volt shock to any coon, squirrel or other varmint that tries to help themselves

Now one of you get on it and try to keep this thing under a $100

If my phone can do all it can do the feeder timer idea above should be a simple project

Comment

I laugh at this every year. Had a guy on the lease one time that physically lost sleep over whether or not he set it right.

I NEVER change mine until the trip after. By then, with going to work and coming home every day, i know what time i want it to throw (usually have to adjust for about 15-30 minutes that time of year anyway). Set the main time, then set am and pm feed times.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                              Somebody with way more smarts than me needs to develop a feeder that

1) automatically adjusts for daylight savings time
                              2) can keep up with sunrise/sunset and feed at a selected interval related to (if you want to feed 1hr before sunset or 15 min after sunrise for instance)
                              3) keeps up with solunar info and feeds at major and minor feed times
                              4) sends you a text when action is needed (battery low, corn level low, etc)
                              5) deliver 10,000volt shock to any coon, squirrel or other varmint that tries to help themselves

Now one of you get on it and try to keep this thing under a $100

If my phone can do all it can do the feeder timer idea above should be a simple project
                              Probably would not be under $100, but this guy would become a millionaire.

Just think of the number of guys that drive to the lease just to change the time (time and money), the guys that do it and then make a second trip to "fix" what they did wrong the first time (that won't admit it), and the saved trips by others to town for batteries, etc. because they did not know until they got there that they had a problem.

My average lease trip is $150 (not counting feed or anything else, just food, beverages, and gas). Now just assume I am the average person and make $20/hr. If i add the 10 hours on the road of time, thats another $200. $350 for that scenario. That's (1) trip.

Take into account the guy that does this every year, and an average timer (for me) lasting (8) years, that would be $2,800.

NOW, if i had a timer that could do all of that, and say it costs $200, well.............................................. .......................................

You get the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                                Do I need to adjust my dawn/dusk feeders too?
                                You have to rotate them 12 degrees to the East.

Comment

Working...
                                X