Feeder time change on Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
    Your deer are going to look at their watch and say WTH.
    Not if they change their time like us. Duh. Come on!

Comment

I did leave a note on the feeder today to remind them.

Comment

Quote:
        Originally Posted by W E H View Post
        I only move mine 30 minutes so it’s not too big an adjustment for the deer.

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
        Kidding, right?

Well that’s what I used to do but this year I have two feeders going about 100 yards apart. I’ve decided to just change one to the correct time and leave the other one set on the wrong Time. Probably not all deer adjust to the time change the same way. This way the ones that don’t adjust can still eat on the old time in case the get up too early. It will be easier to pattern them if I have staggered feeding times. I have no idea how I should adjust my free choice protein feeders. I’ll have deer scattered out at all hours if I don’t get those set right.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder. Now I have to drive to rocksprings to change timers. Dang

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by W E H View Post
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by W E H View Post
            I only move mine 30 minutes so it’s not too big an adjustment for the deer.

Well that’s what I used to do but this year I have two feeders going about 100 yards apart. I’ve decided to just change one to the correct time and leave the other one set on the wrong Time. Probably not all deer adjust to the time change the same way. This way the ones that don’t adjust can still eat on the old time in case the get up too early. It will be easier to pattern them if I have staggered feeding times. I have no idea how I should adjust my free choice protein feeders. I’ll have deer scattered out at all hours if I don’t get those set right.
            Got me!
            For the record, changing clocks sux for working folks.
            But at least the kids are Not waiting in the dark for a school bus. (Pre and post Covid)

Comment

Every year this happens. Change um or Leave um.
              I change my timers two months prior. Why you ask?

Just because...........

Comment

Hahaha!

Originally posted by mfarmer View Post
                Now this is innovation!!
                Now that's using your noggin'!!

Comment

Originally posted by castandblast View Post
                  smh....every year
                  x10

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                    But hunting time is an hour earlier tomorrow.
                    People make the simple stuff way too difficult!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                      SMH....every year
                      Agreed!

Comment

Yep, always an interesting thread each year.

Thanks for playing along fellas.

Comment

I spent most of the day yesterday driving around the ranch and adjusting the alarm clocks that I put out for the deer. It takes a while to update 328 alarm clocks, but I know that those deer are waking up on time!

Comment

You mean everyones feeder doesn't have face recognition. That way the deer can just walk up and the feeder dispenses the right amount for the deer whenever they want.

Comment

I returned my photocell feeder to Academy and told them it was a daylight savings timer, and I needed one for standard time. They apologize and refunded my money! Y’all make sure you get the right one and you won’t ever have to adjust the timer.

Comment

Working...
                              X