• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
    just use hand corn...problem solved!
    that will work but you have to go out and corn an hour earlier after sunday

Comment

Originally posted by W E H View Post
      that will work but you have to go out and corn an hour earlier after sunday
      Always a catch ain't there...

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
        Doesn't look like I'll be able to get down to the ranch on Sunday and changing the feeder timer back one hour won't happen till next weekend.
        I hope this doesn't ruin the whole season.
        My deer are dumb. Really dumb. DST effs them up so bad, they don't get back to normal feeding until time to change back in the spring.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
          Some off y'all swallowed the bait
          HLL they plain gut hooked and peeling drag!

Comment

Every year.........

SMDH

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The worst part is having to do it at exactly 2 am on Sunday morning. Forecast this year is decent...50* at 2 am, just a small chance of rain. Man, I'll never forgot the time change of 2015... 38*, raining, and windy. I was miserable.

Comment

I, like Smart usually switch mine when I get around to it.

I try to time mine at sunrise , which is ~30 minutes after first light. If I threw 30 before sunrise like some mentioned above I’d be cleaned out before the sun ever broke.

I also throw a second short spin about an hour later than the initial spin to give the stragglers a chance to show themselves. (Turkeys usually clean that one up).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I always change mine at 2:00 a.m. on the morning of........so I can confuse the hogs.

Comment

So... If you don't change your timer clock is it going to feed an hour earlier or an hour later. I don't want to miss it when it goes off, but I need my sleep too!

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

It will feed the same time as always but your watch will be an hour faster

Comment

Originally posted by sotol View Post
                        So... If you don't change your timer clock is it going to feed an hour earlier or an hour later. I don't want to miss it when it goes off, but I need my sleep too!

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
                        I’d like to know lol

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                          Does no one else change their feeder times year around? I adjust my feeding times by around 15 minutes every time I fill feeders (around once a month) in order to keep the feedings ~20 minutes before sunrise, and ~1.5 hours before sunset...

I do change the actual time when time changes just for sanity, but I also adjust the feeding times by an hour in the same direction.
                          sunrisesunset.com lets you make a calendar with twilight and sunset times to the date. I keep one printed out at camp so everyone knows what time to set to for their next trip before they leave on Sunday. Go with civil twilight for morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Same here during season (longer during the offseason) which is why when I get to the lease, I will be changing the clock time like we do every year. We adjust the feed times (if needed) on Sunday before we leave to be right for the next time we plan on coming up. Much easier to keep up with using the sunrise/sunset app if the clock times match the phone app going forward. And no we don't make a special trip to switch the clocks back..we just switch em when we are there.
                            What app do you use? I've always printed out a calendar from sunrisesunset.com. Does your app show civil twilight?

Comment

we found that going to a corn/soybean mix worked way better but only if we dump all the feeders out 3 days prior to daylights savings time.

we end up throwing away 5-6 tons of corn, but you can't convince me that the switch isn't worth it.

Comment

We didn't want to confuse them at our place so we got rid of the feeders altogether and just pour the corn on the ground into a big pile. They like it more this way.

Last edited by BigJimmyRustler; 10-28-2020, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X